or Connect

Posts by blahgspot

Quote: Originally Posted by godan Who here customarily wears pleated trousers without cuffs? Much opinion to the contrary, I like the look, especially with cords with Weeguns or wool dress pants with tassel loafers or lace-ups. Mine is a short, weightlifter's body, and reducing visual weight toward the bottom seems to work. I would be happy to hear from others.... Thanks. I think you are fine disregarding such traditional outlooks on...
Quote: Originally Posted by JesterM At the advice of the forum I've gotten a lot of my dress shirts tailored, is there any benefit to doing the same for polo shirts? They seem to suffer from the same problem as my dress shirts (great fit at the shoulders and chest, baggy at the waist). if your tailor is willing, then go for it.
Quote: Originally Posted by razl Could you elaborate as to why they would be disappointing with a suit? Is it the design/pattern, the leather, or something else? Also, would you think that they wouldn't be up for pants with an odd jacket? I'm curious because, as someone who usually wears boots, I hadn't heard of these and was pleasantly surprised to find them priced so reasonably. I suppose you could wear them with a suit if you insisted,...
Quote: Originally Posted by hypnos123 I'm looking for my first pair of black captoe under 150pounds/200USD. For various logistical reason I'm only planning to order from pediwear and herring. I'm narrowing down to the Loake 1880 line vs Alfred Sargent Classic line, or maybe some Barker. http://www.pediwear.co.uk/loake/products/2603.php http://www.pediwear.co.uk/sargent/products/41.php Is the AS classic line corrected-grain? Some say only the premier...
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnny5 Ok my leather wallets have been destroying my formal work pants... Now that will be great for my denim but bad news for my pants as I want them to look elegant not rugged. Anyone can recommend any soft leather wallets that don't destroy the back pocket of my pants? Thanks! I would get rid of anything you don't have to carry and start using either a money clip or one of those leather card holders that is...
Quote: Originally Posted by robert in LA I wear Herring shoes and chukka boots and I like them. The styles are traditional, and the leather is tanned such that it takes wax well. However, I think that these specific boots worn with a suit may disappoint you, even in urban Australia where the combination of boots and suits is more accepted than it is elsewhere. I think you could pull it off with a heavy tweed or similar country suit. Of...
Quote: Originally Posted by click here I am poor and I am after my first suit for a job interview. I came across this suit and it looks decent for the price. Should I get? http://www.asos.com/Asos-Tailoring/A...rt=-1&clr=Grey Something looks cheesy about it. Look for a nice suit on ebay that is in perfect condition then have it tailored. It'll end up costing less and be a lot nicer. I've picked up *mint* Kilgour suits off ebay for $70...
I would say that the 0 last (evanston & soho) is definitely shorter, thus much tighter in the vamp. a talk to AE customer service confirmed this. Whereas I can fit a 10D quite well in the McAllister, the Evanston (which I am selling above) in a 10D fits much too tight in the vamp (hence my selling it!). AE recommended sizing up a half size rather than going wide in this particular last. I am going to try a 10.5 D in the Evanston (sadly being discontinued, I think it is...
If you could get the evanston (preferred) or soho in a 10.5 D in any light brown (cognac, walnut, etc) please let me know!. I have an evanston in 10D, brand new, factory second that I just got off ebay. I think my AE size is a 10.5, as these are the second 10's I try that are too small on me (much too tight in the vamp, these actually feel narrow). They are the actual shoes shown here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT I paid 130 shipped, would...