or Connect

Posts by blahgspot

Hi:Well, what luck. After countless attempts at finding info on the sheepskin-lined models, I had to blindly go into buying and trying (via End) some of these Grizzlies. The answer is quite complicated. Firstly, because different people have different ideas of what "fits." Some people like to wiggle their toes in their shoes. Others like to have shoes that fit like gloves.I normally wear a Eur43 and a US 10-10.5 depending on the last, leather, and maker. My foot is a bit...
Subject says it all. New or lightly worn. PM me. Feet cold up here in the far, frozen North. Shipping to EU preferred, shipping to US possible.
Any good people out there with a tresbien code? Trying to buy myself a nice b-day gift. Money does not abound!
Any new info on this? I am hoping to find a source for Vibram soles for this boot, and it seems that distributors don't want to sell to individuals. And yet, I can't find cobblers in Spain or the USA that can even get Vibram soles!
Quote: Originally Posted by pgd3 I have cordovan ones and don't notice that issue. I would be strongly tempted to dampen the soles a bit which drastically increases the flexibility of the leather. And then walk around for awhile. When done, shoe trees and laying on their sides to let the leather dry. Exactly; the cordovans, according to AE, have a "Reddenbach double oak leather sole" rather than a plain oak leather sole. I can only...
Is it just me, or is the sole (double leather) of this shoe EXTREMELY rigid and inflexible? I am finding it absolutely impossible to break in. I have other (English) shoes with double leather soles that aren't nearly as rigid as the MacNeils. I am referring to calf MacNeils. My cordovan MacNeils have a different double leather sole than these (whatever the factory one is on that shoe, it is definitely higher end than the calfskin). I am interested in hearing if...
PRICE DROP: 155$ shipped to USA, 110€ to Europe. Going on Ebay soon!
PRICE DROP: 155$ shipped to USA, 110€ to Europe. Going on Ebay soon!
SOLD   Originally posted this in Men's Clothing; I am hoping this might be the more appropriate place to post this (please advise!). Lovely jacket for sale, somewhere between bomber and biker style, in a size S. Authentic Barbour, Made in England, of 4oz flyweight Sylkoil wax and lined in a shirting-weight Barbour tartan. I bought this online some time ago, but the size is too small for me. I thought that it would fit more like a European M, but this particular model...
Lovely jacket for sale, somewhere between bomber and biker style, in a size S. Authentic Barbour, Made in England, of 4oz flyweight Sylkoil wax and lined in a shirting-weight Barbour tartan. I bought this online some time ago, but the size is too small for me. I thought that it would fit more like a European M, but this particular model does not seem to run big. I would say it is pretty true to size and would fit someone in the 36-38 range (my size is about a larger 38...