or Connect

Posts by nihraguk

Yes, I will probably do that as well in future.
Steel toe caps: Bonus photos of shoes after first round of cream and wax:
I've just received my first pair of Meermins - black calf oxford captoes from their classic collection. I placed my order on 15 august 2014, received confirmation of my order and a request for payment on 18 august 2014 and the shoes were shipped on 20 august 2014. My initial thoughts: Perhaps unsurprisingly (due to the price point) the finishing on the shoes is noticeably worse compared to Alden, Carmina or Herring. One of my shoes had a small tear in the edge of the...
I'm a 8.5UK Carmina Rain. I just received a 9UK Hiro (will provide my comments in this thread in due course)... and while it's a good comfy fit (without being too roomy), I suspect that 8.5UK might have been the correct fit (assuming that the leather would stretch somewhat after a few wears).
All, The heels on my Carmina shell loafers have worn down to the leather (ie past the rubber), so I'm in need of a trustworthy cobbler to repair them. I'm currently based in Hong Kong. Can anyone recommend a good cobbler? I've searched the forum archives, but haven't found any recent and strong recommendations. Many thanks in advance.
I've made a number of shirts from Practical Tailor. Reasonable prices and I'm satisfied with the fit. Also fairly affable chaps.
I'm based in Hong Kong, and recently commissioned a blazer from WW Chan. Not knowing any better, I didn't specify that I wanted to work with Patrick, and so I have been working with Dik Lam instead. Dropped by the other day for my first fitting (which was not basted, for some reason), and was reasonably satisfied with what I got. But having read all of the positive opinions about Patrick on this thread, I'm wondering: for my next commission, should I ask for Patrick...
Very nice. What did you use to polish them?
I'm a lawyer working in Singapore. 1. You must wear a black suit, black shoes and a white dress shirt to court. You should also own a tie that is as black and as sober as you can find. 2. It's a pity that Iris is out of your budget. Isetan occasionally holds sales for Boss suits at their branch in Lido. Alternatively, get a cheap suit from any of the tailors you mentioned to tide you over until you can get something better. 3. I've had good experiences with...
I've been told that shell is considered less formal compared to calfskin. Not sure how widespread this view is, but something to bear in mind.