or Connect

Posts by misterhyde

No offence taken, however I refuse to take any of the blame. I couldn't do more than explain to the store professionals that for twenty years I'd worn nothing but flip flops and sandals and had come to them for professional help. My only blame is that I was totally ignorant about how they should fit, hense I went to "experts" for advice. "No problem Sir, Take a seat Sir, We'll professionally measure your feet Sir, both feet Sir because your left foot may be different to...
I have been a member of this forum for some time now but never really participate in the comments as I feel I'm not knowledgeable enough to do so. However on this occasion I feel the need to post my experience with Edwards of Manchester. I'd returned to the UK after living many years in a beach resort, and TBH hadn't worn "proper" shoes for years. I'd been told about Edwards of Manchester and that they would give me expert honest advice. I had decided that I wanted to...
Thank you for the link. I will write to them to explain my situation and see what they suggest. You've been a great help.
Could anyone please suggest a well made quality sock, not luxurious cashmere or silk, that is modern, stylish, and long. My dilemma is that I'm unable to find many socks in my size. I wear a size 47-48 but very often because of my large calfs and long legs, nearly all OTC that I try are just that little too short. My sock wardrobe consists of Gallo and Falke, however the Gallo are too short and the Falke are, well.....just Falke, that is, dull and boring I am looking for...
Don't know if this thread is still open or if anyone is interested but I feel that Steve Horsman merits another mention. Since my first message I have visited Steve on many other occasions and find him to be extreemly accomodating, taking pride and pleasure in his work. Yes, you do wait a long time, yes, be prepared to spend ages in the workshop everytime you go and yes Steve loves a good chat. Putting all this aside, you are garanteed to finally leave with a garment that...
Have just logged onto the sight, hence the late reply. Try Steve Horsman in Armley, Leeds for fully bespoke. Good value for money. Don't expect a quick job though. You can easily wait 4 - 6 months, unless you put pressure on him.