or Connect

Posts by becact

For nice quality pants, try Dillard's if you have them in your area. Mine had a ton of Hart Schaffner Marx pants for $75 (marked down from $150+), and a few Hickey Freeman in the $100 range. As far as navy pants; they pretty much go with any shirt lighter than them. Any light solid and many patterned shirts go with them, just use common sense. I would stick with light colored shirts for the navy pants, personally. Also, don't forget a nice raincoat or outer coat...
Well I just had all my CK and DKNY slim shirts tailored. They fit great in the shoulder and well enough in the sleeve, but needed about 6" out of the waist and a little out of the chest. I wear a 34" pant and the shirts were a 16" collar, for reference.
I'm interested in a Soho and Easton in the colors shown in 11.5 D (or maybe 11D). Also maybe a Jackson in brown or color shown, but definitely the two above! Thanks for this service! edit: I wear an 11E in my only pair of AEs, the Park Avenue. I've read this last is long and narrow, though, and I generally wear 11.5D. So I could also take 11D possibly. Please just let me know what you can get! By then I should have been able to try something on from the 0 last.
Thanks guys, I'm sure CK pales in comparison to MTM shirts, but I had a one week window to build my basic business wardrobe, and shirts that fit acceptably off the rack were few and far between. I found two cuts that fit well enough (the DKNY and CK) and got a small variety of about 10 shirts. I'll replace them slowly with MTM from some online vendors, I'm sure!
Quote: Originally Posted by kinkbmxco I do really like the contrast of Charcoal and Walnut or Cognac color shoes though...but it has it's own time and place. I agree, I think the shoes without the jacket look great, and wearing something like that to the office when you're working would look very nice. But for an interview, no I really wouldn't wear the pocket square. I think it gives a casual flair which looks great at an upscale party,...
I am a noob, so take my advice for what it's worth, but I'm also a Junior and just did a lot of research before buying my interview (and only!) suit. I don't know if your photos are how you're actually going to wear it, but you should wear black shoes, lose the pocket square, and of course button the top button of your shirt and wear a tie! Navy blue would be my suggestion. Err towards conservatism, not style (for an interview at least, I think the bright brown shoes...
Hey guys, this is my first post in the forums, but I thought I'd relate my experiences with building my new business wardrobe and trying to find slimmer shirts. I wear a 42 jacket and 34 pants, and usually buy 16" collar (15.5 fits my neck better, but 16 my chest), but require 36" sleeves. Most department stores don't carry anything over 34/35 sleeve length, and even that is hard to find in a 15.5 or 16 collar. I'm an intermediate body builder, so have a really hard...