or Connect

Posts by WorkingClassDude

Just a couple days ago, ordered Chuck lo-tops in the color A. Blue. I'm rarely attracted to bold colors in shoes but this shade of blue looked real nice on my screen. It's not navy, it's not regular blue, it's not a dark blue... It's like a medium blue but with a little bit of a green coming through. Anyone know what the "A" in A. Blue stands for?
I assumed they've been around as long as NATOs themselves...
To me with a leather nato is has to be a compromise between price and thickness. The C&B fall right in the perfect range... I've not worn it a whole ton and sweated in it much. I'm sure if you wore it daily it'd die in a year or less, but that's not how I wear it. For wearing it every once in a while, the C&B is holding up fine. Most of the rest of the leather Natos I've seen on the net, they are too thick and too expensive. And a lot of them seem to have Zulu rings. I...
I have a Seiko Black Monster (from 2010 I think) and it also lost it's solid-click action between adjusting the date and time. Different movement though to the Blue Spark. It had the perfect double-click feel for several months, but I moved on to other watches and the Monster got drawered for a while. And after I started wearing it again, I noticed that the clicky feel was gone, and setting stuff now has a little trick to it. It's a minor inconvenience, it's not the end...
Not really... most materials, when speaking of rubber, leather, cloth, nylon, etc (just not metal bracelets obviously) should have plenty of 'squish factor' to them... put in the 18mm spring bar, put one of the tips into the lug on the watch, and squish the band and spring bar at the opposite side and finish putting on the spring bar. Only other thing I can think of is take some teeny tiny scissors and MAYBE trim a tiny bit of the width off the strap where the spring bar...
A lot of the dressier ones use the 18mm. There might be more selection for 20mm, but the good news is 99% of the time you can squeeze a 20mm strap into an 18mm watch and it usually looks fine.
I just think what you like/want should supersede any 'rules' you see on the subject. Something can be 'wrong', and still look amazing. If you don't think it works, don't wear it. Odds are if you wear it to work for just one day, no one will even notice it, let alone comment/critique it.For me, I stay away from dressy watches almost completely, so I'm technically the last person who should be talking anyway. I wear watches to work that most guys here wouldn't be caught dead...
Meh, try it out. What's the worst that could happen?
Would you let other people's opinions get in the way of something you want to wear?
soooo glad someone else thinks this