or Connect

Posts by WorkingClassDude

poor man's tuna (Edit: I guess it's not this board's kinda thing)
Confession of something weird: Scored a pair of 'lightly used' Jack Purcell boat shoes in white from ebay. $12-something I think, and look to be the 2010 spring ones. Took me a while to get into the ones I bought back then, but last summer they were my go-to sockless shoe. I've never gone in for used shoes, I can handle like pre-owned shirts and stuff, shoes are a LITTLE odd. But some people are freaked out at the concept of used shoes. I've washed my navy pair in the...
VERY underrated
Thanks to posts like this my interest in getting one of these Pan homages/marina militare have cropped up again. For less than $100 they look pretty decent. I pretty much want to get one really close to this model. There's two similar ones, ones with a pretty standard looking crown, and one with that crown cover that looks like it has a switch?? It's basically just a crown-lock, correct? I've never had a watch with something like that, could someone give an opinion on a...
I have no experience with Steinhart, but I LOVE that blue snowflake. Looks like vintage Tudor. How much are those going to be, approximately?
Yea, the old toe cap did look a little more 'crafted'. All my JPs have years of life in them based on how often and how hard I wear them, so I'll still be able to have both for quite a while. I think I'm done buying them for now... a foolhardy statement, but I'll always change my mind for a good design. But I have all the basics I need... black canvas (last gen), black leather (new gen), white canvas (new gen), black leather racearounds mids, blue boaters, a pair of old...
The eyelets aren't completely useless, it's just that the insert tends to block them. You can cut the insert a little bit to no overall detriment.... But converse should do that, not us... which reminds me the inserts are a little different. They are thinner, which I like (more interior room) but I don't like the material. They now are a bit more like styrofoam and less like the old foam rubber. The toe cap... seems fine to me... it's actually all flush now which looks...
Referring to the chucks in my post above, I guess it is kind of a dark blue. In bright sunlight though, it's a nice vibrant blue. Been crazy into Jack Purcells lately. Even busted out my JP boaters which I had put away for winter. Just yesterday bought JP white canvas. I'm not into white canvas at all, but I was willing to give them a chance. I'm hoping they'll look awesome after they are worn in and dirty. JPs have been redesigned, mostly which I'm OK with. The vent...
Small watches just seem so dainty to me. By small I mean going much farther south of 38mm. No, I'm not some macho douche who thinks you must be TOUGH and BIG WATCH MAKE MAN TOUGH! Because I hate that philosophy even more. But 40-42mm seems to be my wheelhouse, though I'm primarily into divers which tend to be a little bigger than most watches. I just measured a shrouded Seiko diver I have to find it's a whopping 48mm. Yet I don't consider it too large for me, and I'm at...
That's sharp. Very sharp.