or Connect

Posts by WorkingClassDude

I've noticed that Converse has put out two freakin' weirdos... Jack Purcell Slips (in the vein of vans slips, with goring and no eyelets) and Jack Purcell CVO's. Something about them are so odd. Like the classic Jack Purcell silhouette but look strange on top since they don't have the traditional lace up... I would maybe consider the slips if 6pm gets them on sale in a little while... but at the current prices, nah.
Yup, I routinely wear an SKX007 mod or an SRP227 Monster which is a whopping 48mm across. Neither of those feel or look *too* big for me. I don't subscribe to any notions that a watch can be too big for someone, unless it's just like comically huge (example, a young woman or a little boy wearing a huge 50mm U-Boat watch), and I don't feel these are. The lugs definitely don't extend out past my wrist and they wear smaller than their measurements indicate. But honestly, I...
Classy, albeit small-feeling, Seiko 5
Agreed. Poor man's watches don't have to be $30 Timex, but Rolexes and Omegas in no way *truly* count in the spirit of the meaning. It's hard to even justify calling something upwards of $500 being a poor man's watch. It's like a millionaire saying, 'well to me a ferarri is a poor man's car'. Cause it's not by any stretch of the phrase. I think the true poor man range would be in the 300's or lower, with exceptions. Because the average guy can probably manage to scratch...
Not particularly thrilled that Converse took the Jack Purcell embroidering off the tongue of the standard black and white leather and canvas models, but are still putting it on everything else. I didn't realize how much I wanted that embroidery until I buy 2 pairs of the damn things. They better not go back to putting them on those again or I'll be pissed! =)
Weird, because I've seen a thread (I want to say in the Chinese Autos forum, or something like that) where these have been discussed. I know they have weirdo-stickler rules over there but I believe you can discuss MM/Parnis over there, where applicable. But you are probably not allowed to discuss *FAKE* Panerai, i.e. watches that aren't Panerai but labelled Panerai and meant to trick people into thinking they are real. Parnis/MM isn't selling AS Panerai. Fakes, homages,...
I've been back and forth on one of those Marina Militaires. They seem to run $75-$100 for most of the basic Panerai-look ones, which is definitely affordable. Search Watchuseek for varying accounts of how they run. Some people say they're great, some people say they're junk. They can't be bad for the money... I want to know if they can be submerged. Not that I plan on doing it but you'd like to know in case of some kind of sink/water accident.
Probably ebay. Not sure of any sites that sell old/vintage chucks aside from that.
I have primarily Gnomons and they are pretty good, pretty solid. With Natos though, if you tend to wear one a lot or over a long period of time, that one hole you use will usually get a little stretched right? Maybe a little frayed? It's to be expected and sometimes you can repair it with a lighter.... Well I just got a C&B nylon nato (my only other is a C&B leather nato, which is holding up fine though admittedly I don't wear it often) and I noticed that after about 2...
Haha, you know what's up. =)It's been hard to get this thing off my wrist, it even dethroned my favorite SKX/PMMM mod.