or Connect

Posts by WorkingClassDude

Probably lows. Chuck Taylor mids, to me, are ugly. The cut is so awkward and straight. Probably not high-tops but maybe in the right way.
I was into Fossils when I first got a job, they're OK beater watches, but they are fashion watches. I was into them for several years and actually just recently unearthed them to see if the straps would fit my Seikos and 4 of them do. One of them I'm actually going to get a new battery for and maybe wear a little, but the local Radio Shack failed to have the proper battery so so far it's a no-go.
Got this cheapy strap from eBay. It's more in the vision of what I planned for this watch. It looks ok... but I could see upgrading to a slightly better leather, and pushing for a folding clasp. Better pic(s) presumably coming.
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Leather-Crocodile-Grain-Watchband/dp/B000RB55CU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368302691&sr=8-2&keywords=19mm+croc+straphttp://www.amazon.com/Milano-Genuine-Leather-Crocodile-Stitched/dp/B0081RTGEA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1368302691&sr=8-9&keywords=19mm+croc+strapProbably other options on eBay as well (but also look at the 'what other customers looked at' on those pages).I mean yea they are probably junk but I just couldn't justify spending $100 on a...
I've seen croc straps (and other 'exotic' leathers' go for $60, $100, $150, and up... but then I've seen them for $10-$20. Leather is organic, leather will absolutely DIE if you sweat in it too much. Is paying more then a budget strap really worth it when it comes to exotics? I can't fathom spending $150 on a strap and then it reeks and cracks and falls apart in 6 months because I loved it and wore it a lot.I'm so glad I don't hang around people who judge me on how much I...
There's no real criteria. There's always some douchebag who is so cool that he considers a $5k watch a 'poormans' because to him it's cheap.Personally, anything getting up and over $300 is really pricey to me and north of $500 is dreamland. I could never justify that much for one watch on the money I make. Somehow though I can force myself to own 10 $100-200 watches =)
Even by 'dark bronze' I think he meant black. Or at least, it's supposed to be black. But when you shine light on it, yea I guess it sort of does have a gunmetalish/brownish tone to it. I found mine on eBay from a Singapore dealer, three days too my door.
Still looking for a leather strap, but I've been wearing it on this (what most probably consider somewhat inappropriate) Bond strap:
all of the this
Haha that is about the broadest possible question to ask on a watch thread =)