or Connect

Posts by WorkingClassDude

so glad i found this, just a few days up on that deadline too! haha
I think certain kinds of the Converse All Star patch are stitched on. I imagine you could pluck out the stitching and remove the patch, but the hole pattern might still be visible in the material... But the 'traditional' patch has always looked to me to be be very well screened on as to be pretty much integrated into the canvas. Maybe it could be dissolved off somehow, but I have no clue how this could be done. Maybe melted off too... but yea, I'm not down to sacrifice any...
Seiko 5 SNKL45
Recently copped some Converse Wells Ox. Super comfy; don't seem to be popular/plentiful. It's been a good 7 or 8 years since I've had this type of skate shoe.
Eww, Converse changed the Jack Purcell with some lame changes, and now it looks like they've screwed around with the Chuck Taylor for no reason as well. They've changed the tags at the top of the tongue and on the heel, as well as added a little loop on the tongue to run the laces through. All completely unnecessary changes that add nothing to the shoe and take away from it's classic look. What random timing.....
Probably lows. Chuck Taylor mids, to me, are ugly. The cut is so awkward and straight. Probably not high-tops but maybe in the right way.
I was into Fossils when I first got a job, they're OK beater watches, but they are fashion watches. I was into them for several years and actually just recently unearthed them to see if the straps would fit my Seikos and 4 of them do. One of them I'm actually going to get a new battery for and maybe wear a little, but the local Radio Shack failed to have the proper battery so so far it's a no-go.
Got this cheapy strap from eBay. It's more in the vision of what I planned for this watch. It looks ok... but I could see upgrading to a slightly better leather, and pushing for a folding clasp. Better pic(s) presumably coming.
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Leather-Crocodile-Grain-Watchband/dp/B000RB55CU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1368302691&sr=8-2&keywords=19mm+croc+straphttp://www.amazon.com/Milano-Genuine-Leather-Crocodile-Stitched/dp/B0081RTGEA/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1368302691&sr=8-9&keywords=19mm+croc+strapProbably other options on eBay as well (but also look at the 'what other customers looked at' on those pages).I mean yea they are probably junk but I just couldn't justify spending $100 on a...
I've seen croc straps (and other 'exotic' leathers' go for $60, $100, $150, and up... but then I've seen them for $10-$20. Leather is organic, leather will absolutely DIE if you sweat in it too much. Is paying more then a budget strap really worth it when it comes to exotics? I can't fathom spending $150 on a strap and then it reeks and cracks and falls apart in 6 months because I loved it and wore it a lot.I'm so glad I don't hang around people who judge me on how much I...