or Connect

Posts by wolfattack

So I just got my suit back from the tailor and thought I'd post new photos to get everyones opinion. All in all I am pretty happy with it for it being my first real suit. The one thing I did notice was a lot of shirt collar is still showing, but I think since I am so tall and skinny with a long neck, it doesn't look as strange (hopefully). Thanks again for all the help! Let me know what you think of the alterations. -Josh
Thanks so much for all the feedback. I think I agree with your comments after hearing them. Basically, you seem to be saying, "hey, you are skinny, so at least make the suit reflect that", hence the more tapered waist, sleeves should be thinner, pants slimmed below the knees, etc...When you say "The back is a little wide at the top" you are saying the back of the jacket right? Like around my shoulder blades?Thanks!!!
anyone else have anything to share? I really appreciate the help!
Thanks. So you are saying the shirt sleeves should be a bit longer, so the cuffs stick out a bit?The pants don't come any longer (I have fairly long legs) but there is more fabric up in the hem, so I can probably have it let out an inch or so instead, what do you think?Yeah I am planning on taking the X stitching off the back of the jacket but I thought i'd wait until I heard from some of you guys in case I was missing something obvious fit wise and needed to return it.
Opps, obviously I am new to this... Thanks for letting me know about the bottom button needing to be unbuttoned.
Hey Everyone, First off, I've done tons of reading on here over the last few weeks, and want to thank you all for such extensive knowledge and help on the subject of suits. I'm 24 years old, and it seems like I am getting to that age where my friends are starting to get married (one in about 2-3 weeks) so I realized it was time to get a suit. I am pretty lanky (tall and thin)... I weight about 150 lbs. and am 6'1" or 6'2". Even though the J.Crew Ludlow suits don't seem...
Hey Guys, I'm a new poster here and was wondering if anyone could help me ID these jeans I just picked up. I'm not a totally selvage newb (I own a few pairs) so I knew these weren't selvage when I picked them up, but they seemed like nice, heavy, and stiff denim and they fit pretty well, so i bought them anyway. I bought them used at a buffalo exchange, but they seem to be pretty much unworn, besides the fact that someone either cut out the tags, or they just dont have...
Quote: Originally Posted by jet I love the old "been lurking for awhile" post with a today's date join date. Sorry man, lurking as in, looking around the forum for a while without posting. Today I finally had a reason to make a post, so I made an account... Thanks Stylin-1, I will go post there. I guess an admin can get rid of this thread if they want.
Hey Guys, I know I am new poster here, but have been lurking this site for a while and was wondering if anyone could help me ID these jeans I just picked up. I'm not a totally selvage newb (I own a few pairs) so I knew these weren't selvage when I picked them up, but they seemed like nice, heavy, and stiff denim and they fit pretty well, so i bought them anyway. I bought them used at a buffalo exchange, but they seem to be pretty much unworn, besides the fact that...