or Connect

Posts by isshinryu101

I am totally Addicted to Fine Vintage Shoes. The art of Hand stitching and Hand welting shoes is almost lost today. Aside from a very select few (and MEGA-EXPENSIVE) makers, we are living in a world of Machine Made footwear. The same cookie cutter styles are reproduced and sold at insane prices... and mass sales is the only goal for shoemakers today. Welcome to my Time Machine back to the BEST of times for Handcrafted shoes. From the 1920's thru the 1950's, the...
great posts here, gentlemen. Those shoes keep me in a "summer frame of mind". My summer specs are now packed away, hibernating, but I am psyched to post some come April.
These are WONDERFUL!
Yes sir. Unique and well done.
They are still JLP plaintoe monks, regardless of the sole covering.
100% approval.
common misconception. Actually, MOST of the shoes from those eras (20's thru early 40's) were made in more narrow sizes. People had more narrow feet... and fit was KING here. Today, even at high end shoe stores, many people will measure foot size by length... but skip the width altogether. I was in Nordstrom and the salesman didn't even know how to work the width measurement on a brannock!
those are torture... especially for the wearer! 5A is just so typical of 1940's and earlier footwear.
Been so busy, haven't even had time to see what's been posted here. some FANTASTIC shoes, gentlemen! Thanks for sharing. My quick contribution... Silvan Lattanzi Bentivegna stitched Crocodile Norwegians. Not sure exactly what kind of croc it is, but I have NEVER seen tiles with that much depth of color before... and I have seen a LOT of exotic reptile shoes.
look closely. They are not norvegese. You can clearly see the welt. They are also not bentivegna because that piece of leather that is side stitched into the upper is NOT also stitched onto the topsole. That piece is ornamental. Goodyear.