or Connect

Posts by isshinryu101

I have to respectfully disagree. It is a basic oxford wingtip. Only the spade shape of the sole is unique, and this isn't an "extreme spade" by any stretch.Bestetti and Saint Crispins are using spade points on the soles of their shoes more and more today. Put one of their labels on this pair and we would have a page of compliments.
This kind of hand workmanship is rare today.
????
I am sure that The tannery is used to dealing with fresh skins that are still nice and juicy throughout.The Russian Reindeer IS 100 years old, right? Of COURSE any kind of animal skin that's that old is dried out.
As Brioni, models are $5k+. As Lattanzi, more.
The issue is 100% certain related to dryness in the leather. The leather IS really ancient stuff. If the outside of leather starts to dry out, heavy conditioning can sometimes "remoisturize" the leather. However, this looks like the leather dried out all the way to the center. They mositurized and dyed the leather, but it only penetrated so deep. That is why you see the light color poking out thru the cracks of the darker leather. My main passion is Vintage shoes...
shell.
Please read my post above. Clarification.
What are you talking about?? I never said I didn't like them. In fact, I invested a tidy sum in a pair of Santoni Limited Editions with that same exact "long stitched norwegian front". Personally, I DO like the style, although it is decidely not an "everyday" look, it is different and expressive. Bravo to the buyer.It is fair for me to point out that there is definitely some love for certain brands regardless of the style they put out. Take out the St. C. label and it...