or Connect

Posts by isshinryu101

I find the total lack of quality control at AE quite distressing. You say, "slightly flawed", but that is not the case. They are EXTREMELY flawed. This should NEVER happen. Once a toebox has creased, it looks like total crap.60+ people??? that is insane. When a stock last has such a huge issue, it is unacceptable. I can't imagine paying near $300 for a shoe/ boot that will crease in the toecap. But, considering the huge variation of leather quality and construction...
Yes, they are. I have a few 1930's- 1940's AE models and the caps are all folded before being sewn to the vamp. I think it makes for a very smooth looking cap.Thank You, Roger. Interesting to note that this shade was extremely popular in the 1940's US-made shoes. While I own many pairs in this color (or close to it), it is much more rare to find a darker brown.
Actually, they do not. I HATE modern AE shoes. The leather is low quality and creases heavily and the stitching is so far apart you could drive a car thru the spacing. At least they still make their shoes in the USA, unlike Florsheim and so many others that have gone down the sewer.
Thank You!
A fitting shoe with a decent design is cut to flex at the vamp. When it flexes closer to the toebox there is a major issue. The joint between your foot and your toes should be located under the vamp with a proper fit. If this is the case, flexing at the toe shows a serious lack of toebox stiffening materials.
1940's Allen Edmonds Oxford captoe
Thanks for the responses! I finally got to look at this, as the marketing project I have been inundated with is finally finishing up. These are a real mystery to me, as I have handled just about every shoe-making exotic out there. Definitely not shark, camel or peccary (no actual hair follicles) and they aren't a reptile because they aren't actual "scales", but rather a texture in the leather. I plan to send a pic to Aubercy and see what they say. I checked their...
Usually toebox creasing is from a lack of toebox stiffening materials + A POOR FIT.
I appreciate the style of boot, but am perplexed by the creasing in the toebox. That should never happen.
I am usually very good when it comes to identifying shoe leather, but honestly, I have no idea what these are made of. Aubercy Captoe derbies. EXTREMELY soft leather. More so than regular calf. Any help would be greatly appreciated!