or Connect

Posts by isshinryu101

Bontoni has left Berluti in the dust in their genre. Nice!!!
ALWAYS glad to see your posts and hear your point of view.
Here are 2 more pairs that I hope illustrate my thoughts on the matter. Both are spring/ summer shoes, and both are really wonderful, I think. 1940's Ventilated utip spectators & 1940's perforated captoe specs. Can one REALLY wear these on a regular basis? More importantly, did the MAKER really expect that they would be worn often? I believe that the whole idea was to create a "Special Occasion" type of footwear. Something that would be revealed rarely... but...
No offense intended. I just had to poke a bit of fun at the idea that 24 pairs of shoes is too many...when it is stated on Style Forum. This is the land of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder! And, ultimately, there is nothing wrong with that. Many visit this site daily and spend considerable amounts of time researching, recording (thru photos), then composing extensive essays about our loves for items that show our personal style. In this world, there is no such thing as...
Difficult to judge whether a person has a true love and respect for their shoes or if he is just "piling them up" because he can.How can we tell if Charles really loves and appreciates the craftmanship that went into his shoes and wardrobe? Maybe he DOES have an understanding of materials, construction and the artistry involved. BUT, maybe he just hates going shopping and therefore relies on his assistants to send his over-worn items to be repaired rather than g thru...
utter nonsense. There are 365 days in a year. As long as a pair of shoes is worn once a year, it is getting loved. Anything over 365 pairs MAY be excessive.
elephant = yes.wild ugly bear = no.
OCD does have it's positives!
Late 1930's- early 1940's Edwin Clapp
will do. Take care