or Connect

Posts by isshinryu101

Yes, US made. However, Eyelets were NOT standard, by any means. in 20's-early 40's, 6 or 7 became more popular. Late 40's were mostly 5. 1950's & 60's saw eyelets reduced to 4 or less, sometimes even a single. Today, the standard is probably 5.
Here is a pair of suedes from early to mid 30's. Even curvier. Note also that toe shape goes a long way toward creating the illusion of curves.
The fashions changed... just as today's do.That pair is mid-late 1940's. Wider waist and contrast stitch.This pair is late 30's to early 40's. No contrast stitch and narrower (more curvy) waist.
True 1940's blue suedes
A classic 1940's- 1950's style.
very nice. Do they sell this in an oxford version?
I still remember those Kangaroo Paddocks arriving at my door.... blown away, my friend!
Personal experience is the only real way. To learn about the brands, one must try them out. Same with understanding the styles, construction, history, etc. For me, it has been 6 years and several thousand pairs of shoes & even more vintage magazines and advertisements. If you can limit to some specific questions, then maybe we can help you out.
WOW! Don't miss out on this! www.ebay.com/itm/Half-Chewed-Cole-Haan-Wingtip-by-Emerging-Canine-Artist-Left-Shoe-Size-11-5D/290991841025
Love them, but that toe shape just isn't my taste.