or Connect

Posts by isshinryu101

I fear that your high standards are not the norm in modern times. However, it is the details which tends to set the master (in any endeavor) apart from the crowd. Bravo.
1940's Allen Edmonds RTW Oxford Captoe model. I find it hard to not hold AE to at least near a high standard since this is what they once made.
Not higher priced. SAME price. My frustration with AE comes from my owning several pairs of shoes from their Glory Years (1930's to 1940's). If they had always been at this quality level, it would be no issue at all... but it is the substantial drop off that frustrates me.Excuse my posting if it offends you, but it hurts me to see such a wonderful shoemaker like AE fall so low. It is indicative of the drop-off of all US made goods.
Why???? Using the wrong part.
I find the total lack of quality control at AE quite distressing. You say, "slightly flawed", but that is not the case. They are EXTREMELY flawed. This should NEVER happen. Once a toebox has creased, it looks like total crap.60+ people??? that is insane. When a stock last has such a huge issue, it is unacceptable. I can't imagine paying near $300 for a shoe/ boot that will crease in the toecap. But, considering the huge variation of leather quality and construction...
Yes, they are. I have a few 1930's- 1940's AE models and the caps are all folded before being sewn to the vamp. I think it makes for a very smooth looking cap.Thank You, Roger. Interesting to note that this shade was extremely popular in the 1940's US-made shoes. While I own many pairs in this color (or close to it), it is much more rare to find a darker brown.
Actually, they do not. I HATE modern AE shoes. The leather is low quality and creases heavily and the stitching is so far apart you could drive a car thru the spacing. At least they still make their shoes in the USA, unlike Florsheim and so many others that have gone down the sewer.
Thank You!
A fitting shoe with a decent design is cut to flex at the vamp. When it flexes closer to the toebox there is a major issue. The joint between your foot and your toes should be located under the vamp with a proper fit. If this is the case, flexing at the toe shows a serious lack of toebox stiffening materials.
1940's Allen Edmonds Oxford captoe