or Connect

Posts by isshinryu101

Swore to myself I'd stop at 100. Terrible lie.
I was simply asking a very good question about your claims.Chogall has found this photo and shown that the shoeman did NOT "not create a new holdfast on a new insole", but rather simply attached a new welt to the Glued On Gemming.This is NOT a true "handwelt" (which uses a feather handcarved into the insole).I suggest that you follow your own advice and "(be) educated on a subject helps when commenting on it."
Not intending to criticize this gentleman. I am sure his work is very nice. Thank you, Chogall for finding that pic to show that the gemming is still present.
But then it is BS. The most important aspect of Goodyear is the GLUED ON FABRIC welt.
Poster missed this photo...I am not a fan of the "Norvegese with Goodyear Welt" construction. It is an oxymoron. Norvegese has NO WELT by definition. If you add a welt, then it is no longer norvegese. This is Goodyear Welted... FAUX Norvegese.On a side note, I can't help but being saddened by that glued on piece of fabric that passes as a "quality construction". Somehow it just doesn't seem right for shoes north of $1k.
Is this even possible? http://www.styleforum.net/t/417427/modified-handwelted-shell-cordovan-trickers-by-brian-the-bootmaker Convert a goodyear welted shoe to a hand-welt? Maybe use a new insole, carve out a feather and resew it to a new welt? Resew the new welt to the holes already present in the uppers from the goodyear? Does this even make sense to do?
How do you deconstruct a Goodyear welted shoe, then rebuild it as a handwelt???
Fantastic price
please re-read my post. I see that. I detailed the errors. For example, top right says, "norwegian welted", but "norwegian/ norvegese" HAS NO WELT. No such thing.Top right and bottom left are Bentivegna/ goyser... but there is some variation in the insole stitching. Cannot tell from the pic if one has a handcarved feather and the other is glued (like in goodyear) or what exactly the difference is.Same with top left and bottom right. Both are similar and both resemble...
the labeling of the different types of construction here is dubious at best. They label the bottom right construction "bentivegna" and that is 100% incorrect. Bentivegna has welt outside the uppers. Either top right or bottom left shows that. Can't even clearly see what exactly the differnce is between those two, as they are drawings, rather than photos.Either top left or bottom right is Norvegese... no welt. On top left you can clearly see the side stitch goes into a...