or Connect

Posts by isshinryu101

Anyone want some VERY cheaply made counterfeit JM Westons in the WORST style ever produced??? http://www.ebay.com/itm/262060013043?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT I mean SERIOUSLY!?!?! Some moron placed a bid too. Sheesh.
II have to agree. All of the reptile skins are wonderful... for a specific purpose and style. Of course top crocodile and alligator is perfect for curvy elegance, but the rougher skins can be fantastic for "tougher" looking footwear. Even Caiman can be a perfect skin for the right pair of shoes/ boots (as the cowboy boot guys have demonstrated). I have some Lidfort norvegese derbies made out of rough crocodile... and they work excellently.
Love the Toitle!
Some more J&M 100's Handmades. Basic Plain Black Tassel Loafer done right. 9 1/2D.
I love exotic leathers and am lusting after some RR shoes. However, I am still worried about its reputation of cracking. Passed on 2 pairs in the last year because of durability rep alone.
That center pair is simply stunning. Wow. Amazing.
Many thanks! High praise from someone with a lot of experience with fine footwear.
So many fantastic International shoes being shared here. Thought I'd throw up some from the USA. Johnston & Murphy 100's Handmade Oxford Captoe. Made on a custom last for the former head of the manufacturing floor in the J&M plant. Sadly (for me) a US 10D (his RTW size). I usually like something a bit more "unique", but they are pretty perfect as a classic oxford captoe, IMO.
I love the Santoni Norvegese. In honesty, it is every bit as well done as the Lattanzi models and superior to Sutor, Stefanobi and many of the other usual norv/ bentivegna suspects.
Yes. Not actually fragile, the "interstice" is very susceptible to drying out. When dealing with Vintage NOS unworn shoes, reptile pairs are often "fools gold". While they APPEAR to be in fantastic condition, that area so often is dried out and ready to crack. In batches with both calf and reptile shoes, often the "interstice" of reptile pairs is well dried, while the calf pairs are still relatively soft.