or Connect

Posts by bboysdontcryy

Thanks guys. I'll update when I get my Japanese shoes. Have a huge difficulty getting the three-piece trees out. I regret asking for them. Need to find an easier way of getting them out. Tips?Nutcracker, how do Bestetti's shoes compare with those gorgeous Japanese stuff you've been putting up?
Received them today. Absolutely stunning. I have a lot of shoes, and these really take the icing off the cake. Finishing and last are impeccable. IMHO, I think it trumps many English bespoke shoemakers whose shoes I've handled etc.I was expecting the shoes to fit tight because it's so aggressive. Was in for a huge surprise. Bestetti modified the last such that the front is actually extremely comfortable given I have a wide forefoot (Could have gone a little smaller though....
I've seen them done both ways before on bespoke trousers. Most face towards the rear, but a few towards the fore.
Received these two pictures in the mail. They'll make it up in wax, and then cast it. When I first saw it in my mail I thought they had made the cufflinks entirely out of jade.
If anybody's interested, here are the last shapes he offers. I believe he has the capability of modifying them according to your feet though. The + 7.5 mm written on the last is indicative of how much wider -- from his usual last -- he believed I should go, and he had it sized accordingly.
Was surprised that he decided to punch the medallion in after the shoes were made myself. He commented that it was for the sake of precision and so he could determine placement. With regards to the medallion being peacocky -- I personally don't think that it's going to be aesthetically different from other medallions. Most people view the shoes from a distance away, and, I think, they might not even pick up on the fact it's my initials. Must say the last is quite...
Thanks. Have a question. Out of curiosity, is it notably more difficult to make the heel cap/counter (whatever it's called) shaped this way?
Thanks guys. I'm pretty impressed at the outcome myself. Was a little worried about the monogram medallion but I must say they look pretty sweet. My schedule doesn't allow me to fly to Milan to get fit for a pair of shoes. Not right now. I'll update on whether providing those measurements will help ensure a good fit. I'm really crossing my fingers that they will. Still a little stumped how shoe polish makes all the difference.
Continuation ... (sorry for the long lag time. Busy). Yesterday, he sent me pictures of the shoes with the initials punched into them He said that he’d painstakingly hand-polish the shoes (anybody who has spent time polishing shoes will know that to get a gleam throughout the entire pair of shoes is no small feat, and will take several hours). I reminded him I wanted flat laces. The completed shoes, ready for dispatch:
Good photoshop skills. I need to get me an IT expert.