or Connect

Posts by bboysdontcryy

Cantabrigian -- am based in Singapore for work now and unfortunately, there isn't much to be found in Singapore that you can't get at better prices in London or NY.The times I do shop, I do that at Vanda FIne Clothing, which I think is a must-visit. It's like a tie-mecca of a sartorial pilgrimage.Worth visiting is RSK at Textile Center. They have a lot of crappy Polyester-blend wools, but they have a myriad of shirtings (unbranded) that are decent and cheap. These are not...
It's firm but not rigid like the monstrously heavy and rigid SAB Gladstone below The Cartier probably looks a little bigger than in real life. Fits two pairs of shoes and a couple changes of clothes.
You can get a tailor to make you a bow-tie if you want them to match. Pretty easy stuff. Mine did.
Just took possession of a Cartier gladstone/doctor's bag. Been hunting for one for eons -- deferred my purchases because they're horrendously heavy and impossible to use without sweating a little. Found a smaller sized one that is suitable for a couple days worth of stuff.
+1RFClark is a good guy. Reasonably priced too.
Somehow missed this. Sometime next year, or this year end. Haven't booked the tickets yet.
David, would like to take you up on this point. I was actually told that a coat with densely hand-padded, say, canvass and lapels, will result in a 'stiffer' feel to it, and that this dense hand-padding is done when making more 'structured' and 'shaped' garments. Have I been misinformed?
Any updates on the completed suit?
Nice write-up. When tailors at the various houses use shoulder-pads (thick or thin), do they typically buy pre-made ones or do they modify existing shoulder pads? Steed's look like they're made from scratch, whilst the ones by Gieves and Hawkes look like they were modified from pre-made shoulder pads. GH shoulders here -- http://therakeonline.com/atelier-luxury-designer-brands-artisans/gieves-hawkes-rips-it-up/ I think Dopey and I had an exchange on one of the threads...
Thanks ThinkDerm. Will def. visit these places when I swing by.