or Connect

Posts by FranDCG

Quote: Originally Posted by ndw Will you have a fuller fit in some of these selections on the website? I want... x2 please
Bump for 6 new items added, pricedrop on the remaining Aldens
Thanks to all for the responses. Here is how my first visit went, sorry for the long story, I felt like writing: At about 9am on Saturday, I took a cab to Bushwick in Brooklyn, a neighborhood which I was not familiar with at all. Some people suggested to arrange for a car to drive me since it might be hard to find a cab back in what was described to me as a sketchy place, but I got in late the night before and hadn’t made the proper plans. My cab driver had no idea how to...
Before everyone jumps on me and my low post count - I have tried the search function, but I couldn't find a definitive thread with a lot of information on this manufacturer, just bits and pieces here and here... I just set up an appointment for a fitting for my first custom suit from Martin Greenfield Clothiers in NY next week. I'm a first time customer, and this will be my first experience with custom suiting in general, and I would like to hear any advice or tips that...
Quote: Originally Posted by poorsod Once you arrive in NYC, or at least once you start looking for housing, you will realize the amount of money that flows is different orders of magnitude than most places in the world. Why do you think there is so much talk about Chan and NSM if not for the dearth of affordable options? The number of options increase once you get to $ 2-3k but you are asking for considerably a lower price point. I know the...
1. Unlined Chukka Boots in Dark Brown Suede - retail for $398 before taxes and shipping: SOLD - THANK YOU http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=90 Style No. 1492 - Single Flexible Leather Sole on the Leydon Last 2. Monk Strap Oxfords in Burnished Dark Tan Calfskin, 8D - retail for $420 before taxes and shipping: offering at $320->$300 shipped ConUS I ordered directly from Alden online, not seconds or floor models from a...
Hi, n00b shoe care issue here...These double monks were one of the first pairs of "nice" shoes that I ever bought and I think it's obvious I've made a big mistake during my attempts to care for them. I started out using this method: Lexol PH, then Saphir cream (same color), brush, Saphir wax polish (again, same color), brush, Lexol PH, brush...I was very generous with everything I applied to the shoes and applied both cream and wax polish to the entire surface area of...
that caruso is
must.resist.leathersoul.boots seriously someone buy these before my paycheck clears on friday and i do something stupid