or Connect

Posts by neonrider

"quality" is a misleading word, a better question is: what "qualities" do we value? the mii boots are beautifully and elegantly designed, with precise shapes and soft leather, but it's precisely those qualities of the shoe that make them relatively fragile. i had one chewed up on an escalator, another one's seam begin to tear the leather, and a third one's sole snap while i bumped it against the sidewalk. maybe my "fault", but then again these are pretty regular events...
For everyone asking in this thread "how can I get an SLP fit without spending $5k", a good option is a Lewis Leathers "tight fit" (aka Japanese market) jacket. The proportions are very similar. Unfortunately, you can (AFAIK) only get them in person from the store in London. If you can get one, however, they're beautiful jackets. Not nearly as old man as most of the grandpa jackets in this thread. And they'll last pretty much forever.
yes, the 11 eyelet ranger boots are legit. they're from aw and ss14. like dzynr said, they're made in spain. the current season ranger boots are too. the leather is thicker and tougher than the mii boots in general. the mis boots make a much better everyday shoe, i've had three pairs of the mii boots destroyed by pretty regular city wear, whereas my mis boots take a hell of a beating.
i think modifying designs based on customer feedback leads to j crew land pretty quickly. witness how badly the L01 is selling now...it used to sell out instantly, now you can buy one in your size all over the place. not many people want it, because now it fits not that differently from a typical sized down schott perfecto. i'm 6 feet, have all the ss13 (and fw14) leathers, and sure, they're cropped, and super super skinny. but that's exactly the way the campaign shot...
yes, the new season wyatt boots also have a huge seam down the side, whereas the old season ones didn't. it's pretty ugly, and presumably to cut costs by using smaller pieces of leather. the leather in the jackets is not as thick or polished as the first and second season jackets. last season's L01 jacket was terrible. it was cut hugely big compared to the first one, the leather was dull, the sleeves were huge, the length was a good 2-3cm longer. i haven't bothered...
I'm selling quite a bit of SLP stuff here (leathers, denim, boots, etc): http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php/topic/156156-saint-laurent-paris-mega-sale-leather-jackets-boots-more/ As for drycleaning, it's always a crapshoot. And especially bad in the States, where drycleaners seem clueless about delicate fabrics.
Let's try not to make this thread as pointless as the rest of style forum. If you don't get why anyone, let alone someone into SLP, would wear a nicely cut flannel shirt, you probably shouldn't be posting in this thread at all.
if anything, you should size down. 15.5s should fit you precisely at the waist. they will stretch a bit at the knees, but mostly you just need to get used to them. if they're already big at the waist, they're going to stretch out quite a bit more at the waist than in the legs, and give you a carrot shape that really doesn't look good.
terrible advice. a rick jacket will stretch quite a bit, at least an inch for lamb. if you don't want to wear a tight jacket, why the hell are you buying rick? go buy damir doma or a belstaff or even a schott. those rick jackets fit you perfectly; precisely the way rick is meant to fit. if you want to oversize it, as many of the folks here probably do, why bother spending the money at all? what's the point? a leather jacket is like raw denim. it will mold to fit you in...
L01 Leather Biker Jacket BNWT Butter soft polished lamb leather, super slim cut, chunky zippers, the works. 48 S2S 43 P2P 50 $3500 https://www.flickr.com/photos/60855061@N08/sets/72157644901026869/