or Connect

Posts by PinkPantser

Quote: Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty I'm not arguing for total relativism That's exactly what is sounds like. Quote: The idea that aspirationalism isn't a legitimate motivatior for a style of dress is absurd. I'm not trying to get into an argument of legitimacy, i'm simply saying that it's predictable and uninteresting for enthusiasts. If you could read how to do it on wikiHow then it sucks, same goes for...
Quote: Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty it's anyone with aspirations to a higher socioeconomic standing. For better or for worse, the highest levels of socioeconomic success in american culture are old-money WASPs, and as such, any aspirational style is going to reference them. Forget this anthropologist BS. Ignore the 'science' for a sec and the foregone conclusion that aspirational people can't help but dress 'aspirationally'. How...
Quote: Originally Posted by shoreman1782 Agree or disagree with him, Fuuma improves this thread immensely. Would rather read his arguments against preppy / timeless style than see more poorly shot bad fit pics. Hear hear. Though I disagree with Fuuma that prep/trad has been creatively exhausted. I think he's right that the genre's overly dependent on color/fabric because of inherent limits on silhouette and broad detailing but I don't think...
that moto looks fantastic except for the flap pockets
weekend lifestyle pic ymc, jcrew, levis, alden
Quote: Originally Posted by Waffle dat gap Quote: Originally Posted by 0b5cur1ty dat dick you could both stand a better fit round the crotch
This is great stuff Quote: Originally Posted by Johan Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma
great last couple dude [[SPOILER]] dries, jcrew, rag&bone, justin
couple recent ones
Quote: Originally Posted by Gravitas thumbs up, pants especially