or Connect

Posts by gettoasty

Frank Clegg still seems like an all around good everyday, every outfit kind of bag Not in a hurry but glad to see so many options are available. I see a melding of Frank & Kaufmann. Part of me is considering cost, so, maybe a leather and canvas tote. However, why the hell not an all leather tote?! Sort of wish the Clegg totes had some metal leg, my bags are always on the floor. edit: This is really great engineering though,...
Getting a better look at the bag suggestions, seems like if I go with Henry or Chester I would go MTO. Henry has a few options but I would have to tweak the stock design a bit. Re: Sara Barner, nice simple designs without all the embellishments. Another projects though if I consider that route. J.W. has the Classic Tote. But that Frank Clegg Working Tote, wooo. Simple and has that subtle luxury look. The Tall Tote looks good, too. Wish the Michael Bastian canvas tote...
Thanks for the rec., some of those prices are high and I can only imagine the price for MTO. I tried a briefcase before, felt cumbersome. And it was not accommodating to my EDC. Best feature of a tote is the open top IMO (my current LL Bean tote has the zipper and I rarely use it). I love digging around to find things. I wonder what the current state is for men's personal carry; there is a thread dedicated to man bags right? I don't see a lot of professionals toting...
What's an affordable option nowadays for MTO leather tote? I have a LL Bean small canvas tote and wish the dimensions were less proportionally i.e. taller. It is wide enough to carry my lunch but I wish it was higher so I can carry binders to and from work without spilling over. Currently utilizing the canvas tote and an old Guidi cotton shoe bag to carry books and papers. On the weekends the leather tote can double up as a grocery bag I think. I'm imagining something...
El Nino is coming
RT: This reminded me of a chapter in Ed Catmull's book "Creativity Inc." about blindness. Worth looking into if you're interested.
I didn't consider SMA, or even UMA for that matter. Good point. I still don't understand robo advisors. I hear some FAs trying to implement into their practice. It would help capture a certain type of investor perhaps. I feel like it would cannibalize the business. I just started A Random Walk... Got a long list to go through but I'm looking forward to it.
Some FW15 releases hitting stores, SSENSE received first (?) shipment: https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/designers/christophe-lemaire That scarf is ridiculous Don't sleep on those wool turtlenecks. edit: Matches had some selections too http://www.matchesfashion.com/us/mens/designers/lemaire Luisaviaroma http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx?#CatalogSrv.ashx|Season=actual&Gender=men&SubLine=&DesignerId=M8D&CategoryId=&lineDesSel=&ListOfProdPage=1&ScrollTop=200
Sounds good; not enough people take the time to do their own due deligence and read over the content. Only thing is you mentioned in OP that allocations would need to go through the FA/IAR, then, mention about how you can trade various securities. Keep in mind this is a managed account and though your FA may not have discretion (I don't know), trades may still only be placed through the FA. You may lose the convenience of immediately placing a trade yourself. Depends on...
^thanks! felt quite rad when the wind blows and the front placket is flapping about whichever direction, it really does feel like i stepped out in pajamas. very carefree feeling. everything from the top to the shoes feels very light fwiw. if this is what a comfortable spring/summer season wardrobe is like I've definitely been missing out. a nice change from tank tops and basketball shorts.