or Connect

Posts by boff

Heading to Royal Ascot next year. Does anyone have any morning suit hire advice. Was thinking of getting measured locally and then hire from Moss Bros in London. Only thing holding me back is that I hired a tux from them about twenty years ago and the experience was decidedly bottom drawer.
Totally agree. I can also recommend getting some advice from the gentlemen on omegaforums.net. Here's a link to the thread where they helped me out with a 1967 Seamaster 565 cal. I paid $285 for it from some guy in Mexico, had it shipped to a guy in New York for a service and have had it serviced once since in Sydney (when I finally had it confirmed face to face that the watch was genuine and not a 'frankenwatch'.Here's the watch. [[SPOILER]]
Thanks, was missing the friendly banter As for the Jeke, I don't think I'll ever get sick of that brute of a scent. Almost finished the bottle. What to try next?
I've been getting some tempting spam from George and King recently, and being close their Sydney showroom I am thinking of having a go at their "bespoke" service. I think I'm looking at $1,200 to $1,700 depending on cloth. Fully canvassed but I doubt it's your own pattern hence putting bespoke in quotes. Anyone have any experience, good or bad, with them?
Score another for the Moleskin marketing team. Chatwin died almost ten years before they launched a notebook named after the nickname Chatwin gave to one if his notebooks. Appropriate I think, given Chatwin's liberal passing off of fiction as fact.Not withstanding, Chatwin's books are ace and Moleskin make a nice notebook.
The pedant in me needs to point out that Moleskin was dreamt up in 1997 whereas Leuchttrum1917 has been around since, er, 1917.It amazes me how they managed to sucker in people to believe they are writing in the same make/model of notebook Hemingway used.
I'm a 9.5D UK or 10.5C US and the Loake 1880 Savoy's I bought are too wide, but OK to wear with an insert. They are on the Mayfair last.
[[SPOILER]] tl;dr; [[SPOILER]]
I bought a pair of slim 'comer' thin wale cords a couple of months ago. Nothing special, but at $25 on sale can't complain. Were really slim though. Would size up next time.