or Connect

Posts by Blackhood

I think sometimes cops feel like if they see young guys speeding, no matter how polite they are, they need of teach them a bit of a lesson. I had numerous friends in college whose parents bought them RS4's and Porsches and they were always getting stopped, even when not speeding, to check and see if the car was stolen or being used recklessly. I can kind of see the cops point, as well, if my job was keeping the streets safe and I spotted a 24 year old with 500+bhp...
Jesus returned it for store credit.
Finally the fun has returned to this thread. Liars are so much more entertaining than boors.
Fireworks are like driving fast; only fun when you're doing it. Watching fireworks is mildly entertaining, but actually lighting them and orchestrating the explosions is much more fun.
Hey already have four control knobs in the four-door cars. I'm not sure that the location changing is all that big of a risk.
Women can have one baby per year. If it takes months to test every guy to see which one is most compatible with her and thus produce the strongest baby, it is worth it.Men can impregnate three or four women per night, their imperative is to try as many women as possible, thus a much lower standard; they have so much less to gain by being picky.
I've come to believe that most people here are idiots, whether they know what they are talking about or not. There cannot be any other explanation for voluntarily subjecting themselves to certain posters ....
Re-reading your comment it seems like the mechanics of the business were slightly different to yours; for that company almost all profit came from advisory services, so there was maximum capacity for filling up unallocated time with water-cooler talk. I wasn't the boss and certainly not high enough to directly crack whips over other departments, but the bugbear was the united aim of time-wasting. I don't believe that the clock-method (as I'm now calling it!) made meetings...
I've since left this place (a financial services and advisory company) and now work in Tailoring where things are much nicer!Both and not either. I hate the wasteful "I must speak up to be valued, even if I'm talking shit" attitude, and in an environment where many of the staff are incentivised based on company profit it makes (made) a startling difference when they can see their key metric for success burning like a fuse.IME (and I must emphasise that it was entirely...
Yep. I reckon that if one member of staff takes 5-10 minutes to save 10 members 30 minutes each (in time lost to bullshit) then the 290 minutes saved in man-hours is a win?