or Connect

Posts by Blackhood

Why do you want to know? From a purely stylistic PoV then classic menswear is something you could wear in 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980 and 1990 without people shooting at you for being a time-traveler. Contemporary Menswear something you could wear in 1950, 1960, 1970, 1980 and 1990 with people shooting at you for being a time-traveler.
By the way, Rory your videos are cracking. Very well done and you come across really well. You make a great ambassador for bespoke.
Listen to Rory, he knows what he's talking about. I don't know what the conversion rate is between SG$, USD and GBP is, but 2,000 in the latter two is a great deal of money for an OTR garment. You mentioned Kiton; to give you an idea of bespoke vs brand-name cost, an overcoat from them is about £5,500 ($7,750) whereas a bespoke one from a Savile Row maker will run about £3500. When dealing with brands you pay a significant premium for their Name. I know in China there is...
Funnily enough I have a tan suit, and not a brown, but I'd much prefer a brown one. Tan is of limited use in a formal environment; I certainly couldn't stroll into the office in tan because it has too much of a vacation vibe. The brown would get a few odd looks, but ultimately its more conservative [read darker] look means I'd put more mileage on it. As it stands my tan is very much for summer garden parties and formal dining when on holiday.
I'm glad this thread has reared its head; it contains a lesson that is so rarely voiced - that great tailoring isn't just about fit but proportion. A good fit might be close but not tight, but good proportion has so much more impact on the overall aesthetic and explains why good bespoke is that much more expensive. A Master Tailor can rarely cut straighter, sew faster or press more firmly than one with 5, 10 or 15 years training, but he understands how the narrowness of...
I'm wearing that middle one right now, and its fine... how freaking dark are your nipples/chest hair!?
Part of the appeal for me, at least, is that an RS4/6/M3/5 is that you can chomp up 200 miles of motorway without getting a back-ache or having your eardrums bleeding, but the twisty bits are still good fun. In this respect Bentley are rather good; when you are pottering about it runs as a 4 cylinder, and when you floor it you get the full power.
Yes, but it's not about what actually happens, but their perception. If people believe "All Natural" to be truthful (regardless of whether it is regulated or not) then their choice to buy it is reflective of their attitude. Lets be honest here, 99.9% of chemicals used in food are either proven to be safe. The rest are in question by a tiny number of renegade scientists. In the UK it is even more stupid because the "all natural" regulators are the same bunch as the "safe...
This is true, but there is also the lack of viable information. If something is artificial, you need degrees in chemistry and biology just to understand the papers describing them. Most normal people rely on governments to gate-keep what is safe because they are incapable of doing it themselves. The "all natural" label is there for people who no longer trust the government (rightly or wrongly) to gatekeep effectively.Like Hemline-Theory it can be a good indicator of civil...
http://www.highandmighty.co.uk/shop/footwear/1/_/N-1ytvkxl/products/show.action#/shop/shoe-size-15/black/shoes/footwear/1/_/N-10y9ZzxnZ1ytvkxh/products/show.action?hnid=11245409&spv=true&type=cmr These guys offer UK 15 in extra Wide, and I've seen a couple of brogues, wing tips and captoes in black and brown suede. The quality wont be high, but it seems to be the best you'll get.