or Connect

Posts by Blackhood

I don't mean alternative in that they are interchangeable as such, but on a hot day one might be planning to meet a friend for a light lunch at a marina restaurant. I cannot see linen or fresco being inappropriate, however (racking my brain to come up with adequate role models here) David Bowie might go with a linen suit replete with wrinkles, and George Clooney would counter with a little sharper looking fresco suit. Neither is wrong, neither will be asked to leave and...
I gotta say I don't understand the issue with brown fresco. I've worked at conservative houses [redacted to preserve anonymity] and fashion forward houses [redacted to preserve anonymity] and have no problem with brown as a colour for a summer suit. Not everyone wants linen, I certainly understand that, and fresco is a nice alternative. Brown is a great casual colour - though I'd prefer it without the rusty-hue - and I'd gladly wear it to a summer event without feeling...
Apologies, I totally missed the refference, my bad! (I think you mean parable, rather than paradigm)
The point of this thread is that they are more than fine, they are perfect for his frame.
Be careful, $2,000 USD won't get you much more than one sport coat on the Row. I suppose in your situation I would look at the dates of the next visit for some European tailors to Singapore. Consider Steed, W W Chan (not European, but at that standard), and the Savile Row houses. I'd think your $2300 would be best spent in that fashion. Having said that, nothing is as good for the mind as Travel, and if the jacket is a by-product then you've had a good trip.
When it fits perfectly ad when it is of an understated cloth. There is a trend towards fashion suits using peak lapels and unless you suit fits you like a glove then it may come off as cheap. The colour/pattern question is more a consideration of the field. A chalk-stripe or bold PoW is attention-grabbing enough, combining it with an unusual cut will make it very distinctive. Other than those considerations, go ahead.
So much of this debate is about context; as I and others have pointed out in the UK this would not be an unusual choice. In academia brown suits, tweed suits and fun socks are almost part of the welcome pack when you get tenure. I imagine that Mafoofan, in New York has a much more corporate lens on his world-view camera where propriety makes a bigger difference. Likewise I'm sure that Tokyo, Seoul and the other cultures enforce a paradigm that colours their contributors...
If you right-click and select "open in new tab" they can be read properly.
There was a nice article in The Rake a few months ago. I've scanned it in, but if I'm guilty of some horrible rights-infringement then someone let me know.
I've been itching for a new flannel. The only one in my rotation is an impulse buy bespoke DB in navy with a chunky white chalk stripe. Full-on Al Capone