or Connect

Posts by Blackhood

I'm not sure you're right; VAT may not go into the tailor's pocket, but it certainly comes out of mine. When using inflation judged by average income, you end up looking at the cost of a suit in real money, to the customer.You can say with certainty that profit margins have fallen simply because in 1850 you didn't actually pay your staff unless they were important. Almost every other job was done by an apprentice who basically worked for free.
Richard James Mayfair, not the bespoke operation across the road. Genuinely terrible fused RTW suits made mostly for the House of Fraser and John Lewis markets.
You're a cretin.
Part of the problem in my experience is the cost of the risk. Buying an SR firm is tough, and there are a finite number left. They run on tight margins (for clothing makers, at least), and many of them are hundreds of years old.Its one thing to spend £10m buying a firm and another £5m making a sensible effort at RTW (shops in proper places like Paris, Hong Kong & New York), and losing it because you didn't do a good job. The only person who wants to make this stuff work...
It is/has. Unfortunately the way the brand is structured (they also own Richard James) it isn't really built for expansion. The quality is very high for the money, and I have many suits from them at the £500 mark that out-rank stuff like Ralph Lauren Purple Label (which they produced for a time), but it would take a miracle for them to role out a genuine retail presence.
Inexperience is always crippling; your advantage is that you're old enough and bright enough to turn an entry level job into something much more significant very quickly. You may have to suck it up and enter in a position that should be bellow you, and basically make it your mission to prove your chops so fast that they can't afford not to promote you. In terms of the caring thing; just make sure you sell it. Ok you didn't take a salary, but you essentially managed and...
I've always found the biggest challenge with a "drop 10" client is they either want to show off their fitness, in which case you have to talk them out of an ill-proportioned result, or they want to hide it all together and you have to give shape to an empty sack. Looks like you've got that balance spot on, masculine without either of the above issues.
UK law is that streets are 30 max, which is why our summation is that it'll be knock for knock (split the cost of the damage between both parties). That Mazda should not have entered a lane that was clearly in use, the Lambo shouldn't have been driving in excess of 30mph even if the lane was clear. A decent lawyer would be able to keep both sides being fought until their pockets are full.
Sounds like she may be trying to push you for the position even though you're officially under qualified. I've come Across this before, where my CV looks insufficient for a position, but a 20 minute chat is enough to demonstrate that I have more that the required skills. I think this is where recruiters earn their money; by putting the right person in front of the company, not just the right CV.
I take notes as slowly as possible in order to mock the institution that is a corporate meeting.