or Connect

Posts by Blackhood

I've met him a couple of times at events, and he's a really nice guy. Shared a table with him at some charity thing, and he was much more into the stage acting than Doctor Who (though there were a number of other thesps at the table so maybe it was just a more prevalent topic).
Yeah, I hate the look but it does have some fashion pedigree. I don't know why, but I can't get passed the idea that PC sounds like he's reading a script. Whenever I saw other Doctors in interviews etc, they felt like they were just the Doctor in human clothes. Peter still hasn't been able to embody the character yet.
Taking a punt here, but I'd imagine that when they decide to put an F1 product on the stand (tantamount to displaying another companies product - given the departments are so distinct from each other) it's bad form to speak up and say "but you know our product is shit, don't you?" to your boss and their seniors. They've spent hundreds of millions on their F1 team, it would take an employee with fairly massive balls to tell everyone that it's too shit to even sit motionless...
That off-road vehicle can't get over a curb without ripping it's own face off. It might be able to move quickly over dirt, but it's not actually very useful.
I wonder what the insurance is like on that kind of thing. Would they pay out the price he paid for it, or would they finance a total ground up replacement build?
Don't write it off just yet - it's well known that BMW/Mercedes are also going to get hammered on emissions soon (everybody is cheating these tests one way or another) so you'll be able to buy a VERY cheap VW because their market value has tanked. Could be a chance to pick up a very cheap car that performs exactly the same as it did a week ago.
Depends how you think of them really. The crew is probably small (4 flight crew, and maybe 8 flight attendants in two shifts), and apart from supplying accommodation from him an his security team, the jets probably help to close multi-billion dollar deals. Once you factor in that he owns a lot of oil refineries, the fuel bill drops massively. You can bet your life that every visitor is documented, making it a business expense, and thus reducing his tax burdens elsewhere in...
They were about $330m weren't they? I guess when you've got that much cash to spend dropping a billion isn't really too frivolous, he's worth $12.8b after all. Its equivalent to someone worth $1million buying a lightly used S Class Mercedes.
A fair number of wealthy people buy the 747 because a second hand one runs about £8million, compared to a new BizJet at about £35million. It's significantly more cost effective to just buy an older airframe, rip out the guts and have someone like Versacci drop in a new interior for £10million.
This is true, and exactly why I'd pick the rolls. You can have a used CGT for £50k nowdays and people do. If I'm dropping £250k+ firstly I can have a handyman/housekeeper for £14k/year who can pick up shopping for me, and secondly I want to know I'm getting the best of the best. To me Bentley has always felt like a baby Rolls Royce, you knew the kids at school being collected in the Bentley had money, but the kids going home in a Rolls had countries to inherit.