or Connect

Posts by Blackhood

Sorry, missed your comment. For my Father in particular it isn't really that much of an issue - we live 20 minutes from an international airport, and 50% of his trips into Europe he will Fly & Rent anyway. The question is more whether he would mind making that 100% without fail by limiting himself with a Tesla. Given that over 2 years he'd save £20K+ it's a tough question - is twenty grand worth driving a rental car three times per month?
This is true, but the needs will have to be offset by the cost and commitment to meeting carbon emissions targets. If they loose less in road tax than it would cost to turn every hillock in the country into a wind farm, then the decrease will remain reasonably noticeable. Also, this is going to hit company car drivers most - in the case of 24 and 36 month cycles you will have a good few years before that reversion to old costs hit you.Theoretically it should be quite a...
I'm literally doing the same calculations Fin - my father needs a new car in February and we're trying to switch him to the Tesla. His main concerns are the charging (he has companies all over Europe, so 400 and 500 mile trips over two days are fairly frequent, although he could switch t flying) and the fact that all the reviews mention that the seats are pretty average - not something a 60+ doing 10 hour journeys would put up with. Having said that, we calculated that...
I came to this series hoping to be impressed, and totally ready to quit forever. I'm still kind of on the fence - it really is like a new show, that's still building a fanbase and finding it's footing. I'm gonna stick with it, and I think the transition is being handled well, but only time will tell if it has the same bite as the last few seasons.
I don't get why whoever is in charge of advertising on StyleForum allows these fucking automatic app-store launching things. I wanna browse the site as a member, not be taken to the App Store every 15 seconds.
Also my point wasn't that you (or anyone) isn't nice, simply that the fact of human nature is that a particularly nice person can easily be treated at least as well as the most loyal, without spending a single penny. It was a comment on the human condition, not a slight against anyone.
Undoubtedly. That was just my round about way of saying Familiarity Breeds Contempt.
Having been on the other side of the counter (though in the art business, not motors), it is very easy for salesmen/staff to allow a good customer to walk away. You are visited by 10 to 15 people per day who willingly fork over their money (that represents maybe 1% of your monthly target) with minimal fuss. It becomes incredibly hard to "go the extra mile" for a customer who spends the same money but demands a flourish. Of course the above IN NO WAY excuses rudeness or a...
I thought esquire means "in line to inherit a title, but not currently in possession" so the son of a Lord or Marquis would use it?
It isn't about avoiding language altogether - its about using your last few years of a captive audience to force them to read something that might light a fire under them instead of taking your last chance to force feed them something you know they're unlikely to enjoy.