or Connect

Posts by feabt6

Hey All, Thinking about picking up another pair of Rancourt Beefrolls - currently have the Brown CXL but thinking about going with suede this time. I'm thinking Navy suede with RLH honey sole My question is what would be the most appropriate type of suede to pull this off in the office with? We are very business casual, but want something that is going to maintain shape (I'd like to save the super-soft suede for the weekends). Does anyone have any experience with...
Hey All, Thinking about picking up another pair of Rancourt Beefrolls - currently have the Brown CXL but thinking about going with suede this time. I'm thinking Navy suede with RLH honey sole My question is what would be the most appropriate type of suede to pull this off in the office with? We are very business casual, but want something that is going to maintain shape (I'd like to save the super-soft suede for the weekends). Does anyone have any experience with...
+1 for leaving nothing to the imagination for the ladies. Who needs good conversation when you've got pants that tight?
It pretty much depends on what you do during your workouts - Brooks, New Balance, and Nike make fantastic running shorts with liners (Brooks is my fav) for the gym. It's a thin fabric that lets your dissipate hear. About $20 on sale. On the other hand, if you do much serious lifting, you may want to find something with a stiffer fabric. I've never liked basketball shorts for the gym, but UA outlets or Nike and Reebok outlets offer great value. You can also find...
Let's be serious - every bit of Eastern & Western science (and emprical evidence) has proven that humans are able to survive for weeks at a time without food, that shouldn't be surprising. What IS surprising is that the anyone who does something like this claims to "do their research" - clearly you hadn't, because what you consider euphoria is actually a series of chemical reactions as your body goes into starvation/survival mode. True, your body may expel some of the...
TXeconomist - I'm noticing a larger vamp on the Rl Darlton than on the Aldens, I think this is look I'm looking for. Hopefully I'll be able to find something a little less than a mortgage pmnt though (but kudos on your choice). Suede loafers are starting to grow on me a bit too, although I'm not convinced on the look for lace-ups.
I really hate to beat a dead horse on the Alden cordo topic (yes, pun intended), but curious to see the consensus on the Alden Cape Cod line. In a perfect world, I would get the Alden LHS's in cordovan, but alas since the recession has done to my bank account what Tom Brady has done to the rest of the league the past few weeks, $600 on a pair of cordovan loafers will have to wait until I at least hit my 30s or find a job with a bonus (neither happening for 5 years)....
AKA - good call. I do see a few items closer in my price range. I like the look of the medium duffel (style 222 below) but am curious to know how that shoulder strap would hold up to some abuse and heavy loads. I'm using this for as much to find out about the multitude of brands out there rather than just a search for a pack. Saw some interesting packs from Frost River on ACL a few days ago - certainly have the look I'm after except for the oodles of leather buckles...
+1 on Filson's - however that ignores the cost-efficiency portion of the post. I'm not looking to pay solely for brand, as most SF'ers aren't, so my thoughts are that with this collection of knowledge here someone has to know of a mom and pop operation tucked away in the Mountain West that is locally known for the cost-effective craftsmanship I'm looking for. Nothing against Filson, but something has me thinking that I could find what I'm looking for in the sub $175...
I guess I should have clarified - I'm talking duffels. Anything with wheels need not apply. I like the durability and "shape" of the Red Oxx line - www.redoxx.com - and will probably own one when it comes time for my cash flow to catch up to my travel ambitions, but in the midst of my mid-20s, I need something more versatile on form and function on the streets of NYSizzle. Plus, their lines and weight are more fitting for actual bushwhacking, not casual trips back to...