or Connect

Posts by Piobaire

I see Houston's has a wine list and I am planning on dining at a Houston's soon. It's going to be a very special night for us at this UPSCALE AND EXPENSIVE dining establishment, and I was WONDERING if you had some suggestions from their EXTENSIVE wine list?
Value priced Pinot can be tough.
IMO the best way to come to appreciate a wine is to drink lots of it.
2 2013 Result of a Crush Christmas Cuvee 4 2008 La Rioja Alta Vina Alberdi Reserva 4 2014 Renegade Pinot Noir 4 2013 Ghost of 413 Cabernet Sauvignon 2 2013 Proper Syrah 2 2012 Mullan Road Cellars Red Wine 2 2012 Animale Pinot Noir 4 2014 Ashan Cellars Chardonnay Barrel Fermented 4 2012 Ardor Cellars Red Wine 6 2007 Berg Family Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon 2 2014 Mark Ryan Viognier 2 2011 Cal Blanca Toro (Tempranillo) 2 2013 Cadence Coda 4 2014 Owen Roe Sinister...
By definition.
Practice rooms at school/the studio.
RL, I'll log on from home tonight or tomorrow and copy over my list.
Doug, glad to hear you were happy with the sous vide results. For searing I start off by patting the meat totally dry with a paper towel. If I'm doing stovetop I toss it into a searing hot pan that has been wiped with a high flash point veg oil, i.e. not olive oil. Do each side 30 seconds, toss in a knob of butter, and 15-20 seconds a side x2 (total sear time under two minutes). The dry meat, searing hot pan and the butter are important to build that crust quickly and...
Don't let them pressure you, Gal! Do this awesome career move on YOUR time.
I think it's a mashup of things but the main thrust seems to be they get allocations and then push them out to the membership. Seems they might also buy lots having problems coming to distribution channels (I remember one where the wine maker/owner had actually died and they bought up the stock from the family) and I think they might be making some cuvees from select barrel purchasing. I know I have some known stuff waiting for me, such as a Cayuse bottling, and am...