or Connect

Posts by Piobaire

In 2014 the 550 and 450 shared the same V8 "bitrurbo." The 450 was detuned and did it in 5.8. The 550 was tuned better and did it in 5.5. It was all on MB's page so think of it whatever you want. I don't really give a shit at this point. Went and drove a 4Runner Limited today. This I can get into one for like $500. Fuck MB. I can drive that 4Runner Limited and buy a thousand dollars worth of wine every fucking month.
Bought a handle of Buffalo Trace today. Right now having a Manhattan of: 3 oz BT 1 oz NP sweet splash of Luxardo eye dropper of Bittercube Wild Cherry bitters Stir in mixing glass. I plan to take about 20oz of the BT and infuse with orange rind and vanilla bean for a month and then age two months in a cask. Xmas Manhattans should be very good.
The last couple of days I've gotten the occasional pop up asking if I want to upgrade the English version of Office 2010. I have Office 365 and the popup happens directly as I click something on SF. Happened with only SF in my browser. I'd try to catch a URL for you guys but I kill my browser from the Task Manager when something like that pops up. Also, I would greatly appreciate if someone could point me to where I could stream some football live.
Page 3 speaks of the left and right bank turbochargers. It's a biturbo, not a twin turbo, per your definition of the words. A better designation would be sequential vs. parallel. Page three indicates they are parallel, or rather, biturbo.
I'm sort of in a wine funk. So much of CA is way more money than I'm willing to pay anymore (just saw Merry Edwards Estate and Flax for $80 a bottle retail) but my cellar is running out of those types of wine. Much of my cellar now revolves around low end daily drinkers and I don't feel I have more than about 100 bottles worth aging some. I just cannot make myself spend $600 to get a case of CA wine delivered from the winery anymore.
Explain why the car is .8 seconds slower. That's a 14% decrease. And FYI, MB says it's a bi-turbo. http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/vehicles/model/class-GL/model-GL450W4You really think a guy that's this concerned doesn't read the tech sheets?
Don't be fooled by the sales pitch of the horsepower and torque stays the same. There's a reason MB's own numbers went from 5.8 to 6.6 and there's a reason the Escalade has more HP and torque than the 2014 GL450 but the GL 450 kicked it's ass on the road. Not all power is useable in the same way. My guy at MB spent 20 minutes repeating to me the HP and torque is the same and I won't notice the difference. Bullshit. The torque is available down low with the larger V8...
Knowing that I'm going to have to change dealerships, and remembering what a shark tank the Toyota dealership was many years ago, I put together a lease worksheet to print and use. I plan to let the salesman show me the vehicle (get his time invested in me), go tell him to get me a lease price (which I know will be at full list MSRP for cap cost), then hand him this worksheet and tell his boss to fill in all the blanks for me. I thought I'd post the content here in case...
I think the E class is their #1 seller.If I decide the V6 turbo is sufficient I will not give them anywhere near what I was willing to pay for the 2014 with the V8. I know this is the end of my ride with MB for the foreseeable future and I've accepted that. I am seriously thinking of just grabbing a 4Runner or something if I can get a stupid low lease price. Toyota has a decently optioned SR5 for $400 a month with no out of pocket cap reduction. Might just go for...
In order to enjoy Vegas it's about minimizing and containing your exposure to the muggles. I also try and pick times when it's not going to be ape-shit overrun with frat bros and woo girls. After Superbowl but before spring break is one of my favorite times.