or Connect

Posts by Piobaire

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37720780 Chinese Lives Matter (in France.) Apparently French-Chinese folks have been the targets for racism and pretty severe violence for some time and they've reached the breaking point. I wish them the best.
Some things should never happen and that is one of them.
The outdoor range I belong to is nothing like that. No loaded guns allowed on your person. If you're found driving on sight with a loaded carry weapon you are banned for life. Did I mention do not carry a loaded gun on your person? "Hot" guns are only allowed in very small, prescribed areas, i.e. at the shooting bench. All guns must be unloaded except at the shooting benches. You're allowed one infraction there and then banned for a year. All guns at the shooting...
Seriously? People don't talk about/don't realize the violence is mainly between inner city blacks in identifiable areas of the city? That's a shame as if you can't get some broad strokes around the problem you're never going to solve it.
Maybe more bad guys have guns vs. more good guys? I've also read global warming is to blame.It's really a situation that doesn't lend itself to jingoistic analysis. It should be obvious to just about anyone that the US has too many guns in the hands of too many people.
I'm not even talking regulation, just stating facts. Canada has about 1/3 the guns per capita as the US. Actually, this wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country says it's even worse. 30/100 for Canada and 112/100 for the US.
The Time one quotes numbers but all links to the actual study are broken. The Time piece, dated June of 2015, says "white terrorists" killed 48 post 9/11 and "radical Islamists" killed 26. Well, I don't know how to break this to folks, but "white terrorists" and "radical Islamists" is an overlapping Venn. As always, I think if one picks the correct cut points, one will prove what they want to prove. Post 9/11, IMO, is a shitty cut point as law enforcement was...
Where can I get stats on this? I just don't remember a lot of right wing terrorist killings post 9/11.
I thought they were all fat neck-beards posting from the basement?
She's officially back on the market and is also on my "list!"