or Connect

Posts by ganagati

I'm very grateful to them for stepping up and standing behind their product, though, I would have been happier with my original purchase and no issues.Also, I suppose this is, I said in my original post, a great example of how they've built such a stellar reputation. It's refreshing to see a company interested in building long term relationships as opposed to focusing solely on this quarter's results. I know they've won me over as a customer - so much so that, in my...
The delamination began at the tip. It was as though a slight misstep resulting in a stub of the toe had pulled the sole from the base of the shoe. With the repaired shoe, I could easily have slid a credit card between the base and the sole - perhaps a few cm deep. The brand new pair, after only a week, wasn't quite as bad, but after owning the shoes for several months but getting only a couple weeks wear, I wanted them to be flawless.As for your second question, I'm not...
I’ve recently had an experience with Allen Edmonds that I hadn’t expected. I picked up my second pair, the Malvern Chukka, from their store in Plano. Not long after purchasing them, I noticed that a large portion of sole at the tip had been ripped out. I called customer service, who apologized profusely and asked that they be returned for replacement or repair. They let me know that the there were some issues with tension around the stitching, and this had happened a...
If you are interested in purchasing an in-house movement, one option would be Zenith. They produce many movements that are used in higher end pieces - until not too long ago, one could be found in Rolex's Daytona. The Zenith Port Royal El Primo is similar to the Longines you have pictured and is similarly priced.
It would be an enormous leap to say that Longines produces their own movement, let alone a movement for another company. They are a part of Swatch Group, who also owns ETA (the company producing ebauchs for many watch manufacturers), and all of their movements are ETA based. Don't let that bother you, though. If it is a watch in your price range and one that you love, buy it, wear it, and enjoy it. As for extended warranties.... I can't recall any time that they are...
The less you know about watches, the better off you are purchasing from an Authorized Dealer. Most online dealers, aka grey market dealers, are reputable, but there is always a chance they're selling a replica without knowing it. Additionally, purchasing from Tourneau will ensure you get the manufacturer's warranty, while they grey market dealers won't. Out of curiosity, which watch are you looking at? $2500 seems expensive for a brand such as Longines. Edit: After...
Quote: Originally Posted by Saddleback Leather The medium is great for a 13". It may be a bit of a squeeze on the 15". Thin brief is a great call if you do a lot of walking around campus because its a little lighter. I personally use the Med. classic brief everyday, but its a pretty robust bag so if weight is an issue I'd go with the thin.. 15" macbook (pro) does not fit in the medium sized briefcase. Less than a month after purchasing the...