or Connect

Posts by scottmag

I'd be tempted to go with a light-to-medium brown myself, although those RL slippers (?) are brilliant. But anyway, three pages in and no one is fleshing out the rest of the wardrobe. What else does one wear with red cords once the shoe issue is nailed down? Scott
OK, this is rich (pun intended). I just flipped on the boob tube while folding laundry and there's some new show highlighting how much money the ultrarich drop on nonsense. $30k for a dog's birthday. Now, this is crass. I doubt I'll change the channel though. Scott
Quote: Agree completely with both Manton and LA Guy. Point taken.  That's a fair enough criticism.  The article focused a lot on price to be sure.  I'd say that was more to make it interesting to those with nothing more than a casual interest in bespoke clothing than it was a philosophy that the magazine's readers are shallow and obsessed with high price tags.  And my reading was that it did more to actually dispel the idea that exorbitant prices...
Quote: Sad, really.  I imagine that people who read Forbes and take it seriously are the same type of people who consider Donald Trump classy. I don't understand where that generalization comes from.  A single article with which you disagree?  A little harsh don't you think.  I mean, to toss around the image of Donald Trump like that ... some of us are reading this before dinner. And what's with the almost universal ridicule of the article and...
My clothes are decidedly more pedestrian than the tailored stuff usually discussed here, but my experience is exactly the same as far as sleeve length. I find I am constantly pulling my shirt sleeves down to extend beyond the jacket. I was noticing this very thing today during a long meeting. A related issue I have is that my shirt sleeve buttons are never quite right. My best fit comes from the Brooks Brothers shirts I took to the tailor. I had the two cuff buttons (one...
I have heard good things about these guys. http://www.logoworks.com/ Depending on the package (i.e., price point) you select, you will get multiple designers submitting multiple concepts and you choose among them.  Seems like a great idea to me. Scott
Quote: a few months ago I shifted to a card case that just holds a credit card and an id. it was very liberating, if hard, to leave everything else at home, but it makes a huge difference. money clip and card instead of heavy wallet, and every night I put away any papersw that I have collected. I did something similar about a year ago and have been much happier since.  I picked up a Tumi wallet at Nordstom that has three slots on each side and a clip...
Quote: I found it through the Men's Health web site which had a thread on the NYT story. I'm shocked and saddened that I hadn't heard of this forum before...it's just the type of thing I've been looking so long for. Hey, Gord, nice to see another familiar, er, face.  I migrated over here quite a while ago, probably based on a mention by Hermes.  It's as different here from the Men's Health forum as it is from the GQ forum from which I, like many...
OK, that's a funny article. And it has the flair of televisionwithoutpity.com, which the author happens to write for. It strikes me as a little bit of a look-how-clever-I-am article though. I am a big fan of the over-the-top Trump promotional vehicle masquerading as a reality show. The first thing I noticed about this season's contestants was how well they were dressed. But as I think about it what I was noticing was that the clothes stood out. And the reason they did had...
Quote: I think that for some basic issues about the construction or what to look for in a high quality shirt or tie, it could be done with sketches. Great idea. There are so many elements of suit construction that the average man does not understand and really have to be visualized. Like the different types of lapels and pockets. The stuff that the readers of this forum notice immediately, but most men are probably unaware of. Most of this stuff could...