or Connect

Posts by tlieu

Sorry meant to say 8.5D Leydon last not 8.6D
Just wondering about any Alden Lonwing owners out there. I have the Longwing in the Barrie last in a size 8D and just wondering how they fit you guys exactly. If you put your foot in and push your toes in unlaced, are you guys able to stick 1 finger or pinky finger in the heel? I'm just wondering if I should size down a half size, which means I would be sizing 1 full size down from my 8.6D Leydon last shoe? I'm also wondering if it's because the dress socks I wear are...
Anything with a Commando heel just looks clunky no matter what type of last, IMO.
I got the photo from here today. A must look for Alden heads: http://secretforts.blogspot.com/2010...utus.html#more
Does anyone know which shoe last the longwings in the very middle of the picture is? It's definitely not on the Barrie last cause the one on the right looks more like it's on the Barrie last. This one has more of a round toe box, which I like.
Quote: Originally Posted by mbrokerny Just bought some shoe trees for my roy boots, they seem kinda tight, how tight are they actually supposed to be? I just bought a pair of Roy Boots as well in a size 8D. Which shoe tree size did you get? Wondering if I should get an Alden size Small or Medium Shoe Tree.
If I have a Leydon Last boot in a size 8.5D, what tree shoe size should I be getting? Also, is there a certain code inside the shoe/boot to tell which last it's on? Anyone? Appreciate the help.
Also, my waist for pants is usually 30-32" to give another point of view about my size.
Sorry, those were the only measurements I took. Mister Mort is about the same height as me and he's wearing a Medium in his blog so you can see a better reference pic. I'm 5'8" and about 155-160lbs with broad shoulders. I don't mind the slim look when wearing small size shirts but I'm not a small in this Trucker whatsoever especially if you're going to wear another long sleeve shirt or sweater underneath. If really want this slim than go with the small and stand like a...
Toronto, Canada doesn't have a Filson store and the Levi's stores here are shit. Levi's Canada is the worst store ever. Levi's rep take note of this but I'm sure none of them are on styleforum or any other forum. They don't even carry LVC, or any selvedge denim. Just the basic modern shrink to fit 501 selvedge version, which super baggy whether you size down or not. Anyway, just want to let people know that I tried on all the Levi's trucker jackets at the Levi's store even...