or Connect

Posts by tlieu

Can someone explain this? I have a pair of Whiskey Longwings (Alden of Carmel) and a pair of Natural Chromexcel (Epaulet Shop) both in the Barrie last and size 8D. The Cordovan Whiskey feels a little pointier and a tad looser than the Natural Longwings. Also, why is the welt or sole edge on the Natural Chromexcel a little wider? Kind of wish my Cordovan Whiskey didn't look as pointy and really liking the snug and wider fit of the Natural Longwings. Is there a reason for...
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 Looks like the cxl longwings have a reverse welt, while the whiskeys have a regular welt. The reverse welt will give the appearance of the shoe being wider. In terms of the whiskey fitting a tad looser, thanks to some helpful SF members I got an answer to this. After Alden takes the last out of the cxl shoe is shrinks back a bit, while when the last comes out of the cordovan, it does not shrink back. It's just...
Quote: Originally Posted by johnnyrich7 Looks like the cxl longwings have a reverse welt, while the whiskeys have a regular welt. The reverse welt will give the appearance of the shoe being wider. In terms of the whiskey fitting a tad looser, thanks to some helpful SF members I got an answer to this. After Alden takes the last out of the cxl shoe is shrinks back a bit, while when the last comes out of the cordovan, it does not shrink back. It's just...
Can someone explain this? I have a pair of Whiskey Longwings (Alden of Carmel) and a pair of Natural Chromexcel (Epaulet Shop) both in the Barrie last and size 8D. The Cordovan Whiskey feels a little pointier and a tad looser than the Natural Longwings. Also, why is the welt or sole edge on the Natural Chromexcel a little wider? Kind of wish my Cordovan Whiskey didn't look as pointy and really liking the snug and wider fit of the Natural Longwings. Is there a reason for...
Please delete.
Missing the Uncle Mac photos lately.
Alden Brown Calf Wingtip Leydon last Size 8.5D pre-owned http://cgi.ebay.com/Alden-Brown-Calf...#ht_500wt_1156
Quote: Originally Posted by ghdvfddzgzdzg no one commented on this? Jesus, I never cared about whiskey leather until this picture. that color kills. I own a pair of Longwing Whiskey and have noticed that people should start posting true colors of their cordovans. Those smart phone pics are misleading. Even some of those retail pics are off.
Quick question...should I be getting a small or medium Alden shoe tree for the Ravello Wingtip Boot and Longwing both in the Barrie last size 8D? I was told Medium but someone said that cordovan may stretch overtime. I thought that cordovan doesn't stretch.
I have a Whiskey Longwing and the Ravello Wingtip boot - what's the best cream or polish to use out there for them and should I be using two different brushes for them? Plus, what's the difference between the black horsehair brush and white horsehair brush? Help would be appreciated. Thanks.