or Connect

Posts by .Impulsv

Finally snagged a pink oxford in my size!
How often do they restock? I've been watching a few styles for a while with no luck.
Thanks for the tip. The rep. in the store helped size me for both pieces, then ordered it over the phone. Ended up paying less than $250.I'll probably be wearing them separately most of the time - the jacket as a sportcoat, and the pants for fun.
Can a shoe be too expensive for a wardrobe? I really have my heart set on a pair of Alden LHS in #8 shell, but they'd be the most expensive article of clothing I own. This would be over a Ludlow suit, a SuitSupply suit, and a ~$300 blazer. I already have a pair of black AEs captoes to wear for formal occasions, so this would be my first nice, general shoe.
I'm looking for something with a slightly wider lapel. Brooks, J Press, PRL... what other stores would you say are J Crew level, or a slight upgrade?
Lands End and Uniqlo are both great brands for cheap oxfords. I own four from Uniqlo, all darted at the tailor. I plan to wear these until I can afford some Kamakura and Taylor Stitch.
I need a navy blazer or sportcoat. Any recommendations? J Crew Ludlow 38R fits me off the rack, but I own too much JCrew stuff as it is. My price range is $150-400.
I know of him, but the UK site doesn't have the color/size I want (beige/medium).
Are the single-breasted raincoats available in stores? They're not on the US website, but they are on the UK one. If so, does anyone have a proxy they'd recommend?
Disagree. You get what you pay for, if not more. Lambswool and EFM are solid buys, and their suits are great for the price.