or Connect

Posts by v.freeman

Just caught the season premiere on Hulu. Great episode. Apparently the actor that plays Senor Chang is trained to be a doctor.
Fuck LCD reading. I don't understand how anyone can do it for any length of time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Neo_Version 7 Why is it that the guys on creampiesurprise never seem to have issues such as this? lol
I read the spoiler on wikipedia. How can you not see that coming?
Yes. I absolutely despise most Gen Y tards, with the exception of myself, of course.
"As seen in Figure 4A, across all sports, net revenue from athletics tends to be negative, with the median annual net revenue for Division I-A schools just greater than -$4 million and the 75th percentile just greater than -$1 million." Keep in mind that's D-I. "In our previous reports we found no evidence to establish a pattern, positive or negative between athletic expenditures and academic quality." "Since we would expect any causal relationship between...
I haven't been yet, but I've heard there's a lot of discrimination against East Asians (probably because of labor tension). Any truth to it? Last thing I want to do is piss off a drunk Russian.
Quote: But economists have found it difficult to quantify a link between investing in a high-profile athletic program and reaping presumed benefits, like alumni donations or higher application rates. "If there's any effect, it's a blip: it doesn't persist," said Jonathan Orszag, an economist who has evaluated such issues for the N.C.A.A. Are you seriously going to compare the gaming industry's profits with college sports?
Somewhat relevant article from the Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/03/sp...ewanted=1&_r=1 Quote: All but 14 of the 120 athletic programs in the Football Bowl Subdivision "” the highest level of college sports "” lost money in the 2008-9 academic year, down from 25 profitable programs the year before, according to the N.C.A.A. American attitude towards "higher education" these days is a complete joke.
I wouldn't mind working for the Federal Reserve or the US Treasury or some government job. Too bad the pay is complete shit.