or Connect

Posts by v.freeman

Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 True but then again, his class would be 10 minutes long... So he tells his students that it's common practice on the street to just use comparable multiples and simply apply them to metrics - then he gives his own views on how relative valuation should be done to be "correct" (which is as you pointed out using multiple variable regressions). Yeah, I once explained how we were taught multiple regression...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Damodaran is actually close to what's done in practice. He teaches relative valuation (comps) which is ordinarily not seen as academically correct or relevant - even though it's the primary valuation methodology in practice. The way he teaches relative valuation incorporates regression analysis. From what I've seen in practice, most people just use multiples.
Depends on how solid the buyside shops are. I wouldn't necessarily consider buyside -> b-school -> buyside again as an easy route. Not to mention the uncertainty/lack of advancement opportunities at smaller firms.
Damodaran is the man. He normally only teaches at the graduate level, but taught Corp Fin one year to the undergrads - probably the best class I took during my four years. Keep in mind though, academic valuation is fairly different than what's used in practice (not sure if that's good or bad).
My favorite sci-fi show. So glad it got renewed.
Pretty sure V won't come back next season (based on their ratings and what happened in the finale). It's a shame, I liked the show. And Laura Vandervoort sure was easy on the eyes.
It's the Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sch%c3%b6nbrunn_Palace
It's like 1996 all over again.
Good article from last year in the WSJ: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...696162858.html Most public pensions still assume an 8% return on assets per year when calculating liabilities, which is a pretty high hurdle.
I was pretty neurotic about sending thank you emails during recruiting. I honestly believe people don't care whether you do or don't.