or Connect

Posts by HEPennypacker

You know the shoe: the Edward Green Grants made for RLPL. Except this pair will fit those with larger feet! Sadly, my feet are a bit too large (13.5D), and the shoes are true to size, so I've only worn them twice. But my loss is your gain. Included are the shoes, the exquisite original shoe trees (tempted to keep those for myself...), and original shoe bags. Price includes CONUS shipping; international shipping will cost extra. Price drop to $650 $600 $525.
This probably comes down to a resource question. If you have the resources, then why would you purchase a product that has a less-than-ideal fit and which uses less-than-ideal materials? If you can afford the best, then why not get the best? But of course, if purchasing a $1000, $2000, $5000, whatever shoe is going to cause you to skip a meal or, in my opinion, run up credit card debt (or even force you to scale back retirement savings), then you probably shouldn't buy...
Nice review and pics, superfilmbuff!Agreed. I very much like the way my SAB bag is aging and have not babied it at all.
Maybe I'll post some pics this weekend, but it mostly looks the same. Still one of my favorite purchases. That price looks about right, and if they're actually responding to your inquiries, I'd take advantage of that because they are notoriously slow. I generally use two gussets, but I do use all three on occasion. I like the flexibility.
Looks great, Vintage Gent!
I don't know if it's possible to have them remove a gusset. But I doubt you'll save much dimensionally with 2 gussets instead of 3. Thanks to the straps, the case can actually be quite thin if it's not full. I say better to have the space in case you need it; otherwise, tighten the straps to have a thinner profile.
Is anyone else still waiting on their order from the November tour? I received my shirts over a month ago, but still no suit and trousers. I've previously received my order before the following tour date, but that has now come and gone.
My wife has come with me before, and I've seen other men with their wives/girlfriends.
Yeah I smell a troll. The poster has only three posts, and they all say the same thing. If it's legit, then I would suggest he take it up with his credit card company or the local consumer advocate. He might even be able to offload the bags here, depending on what they are.
Lol. I agree that there is an appreciation for quality--often hand-crafted--that underlies many of the topics of conversation on the forum (particularly suits, shoes, and ties). Sure, a lot of the conversation concerns "style," but there are many informative threads that go into nitty gritty, and this is one of them. They are certainly what makes the forum great. I find myself visiting Timezone much less these days b/c of this thread.