or Connect

Posts by Motorsport226

+1 -226
Quote: Originally Posted by phxlawstudent Good point. I forget there is a broad range of Italian shoes. When I think of Italian shoes, my mind immediately goes to Bruno Magli & Santoni. All of the ones I've seen and owned have had incredibly supple leather. Although I do wonder if thats achieved by "tenderizing." Similar to pounding a steak. That's where my mind goes to as well, I just hate the old "any Italian/English made shoe is...
Quote: Originally Posted by phxlawstudent I don't think anyone thinks AE is in competition with the Italian shoe makers. Except in the broadest sense. AE makes one product for a certain group. Italian shoes are for another. I'm just wondering what his experiences were with the two. I've had Italian shoes that felt like plastic and my AE Fairfax's are like butter. -226
Quote: Originally Posted by OldSchoolCharm AE needs to make softer leather to compete against Italian shoes. Elaborate on this. -226
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafont I tried on the AE "Alton" slip-ons and they weren't all that comfortable, so I ended up walking out with the Cole Haan oxfords - greatly reduced from a "$250" retail price. I'm wearing them gradually indoors. So far, so good. -226
Quote: Originally Posted by Lafont Without bothering to search for previous posts on this topic, I was in a hurry to get some feedback before taking my current pair of shoes to a repair place on my lunch break.... You mention Cole-Haan; that was another pair I saw yesterday and found somewhata to my liking. Said to be "$295" but marked down at Nordstrom's Rack to something in the $50-60 range, the black oxfords have an effect in the leather finish that...
Quote: Originally Posted by slappy This is entirely false. I agree. AE is below Alden no doubt about it, but by a slimmer margin than most on SF would like to admit. However, Arrogant Bastard always backs up AE when the big timers bash them and suggest a pair of C&J's, so he's a good guy in my book. -226
Does anyone have pics of the Khaki STF after they've started to develop fades/creases? -226
Quote: Originally Posted by bjorken Gonna try to buy a pre-owned suit or blazer from ebay. Any brands you can recommend with extra good pre-owned value? Oxxford -226
Do you guys wash or dry clean your sport shirts? I dry clean both my dress and sport shirts but I wear my sport shirts far more often and dry cleaning them all the time is beginning to be a pain in the ass. I want to start washing them/ironing them myself, will this decrease their longevity? -226