or Connect

Posts by the_sartorialist

Not sure why everyone's so hung up on the 5 pair limit; since there's nothing stopping one from making an initial 5-pair purchase, exiting, and rejoining the queue to re-enter again and purchase again. Just time consuming is all.£295 is indeed a decent price, but pretty sure it's still pretty far from cost price and EG are still making good profits at that price point.
And pricing / restrictions info
EG sale in progress - though pace is very slow since they are letting 2-3 individuals in at 15-20 min intervals.
I should probably add that I have no idea as to what the level of discounts will be or what models will be discounted. So for genuinely interested parties, quickest and easiest way is to PM me the size/color/model and max. price they're willing to pay, and if the sale price fits, I'll purchase and then can work out the payment arrangements via PayPal.
Posted this in the other C&J thread as well, but for the C&J purists who are interested, rumour has it that the sale in London starts tomorrow. I'll be visiting the stores to check it out, so I'll be happy to proxy for a small fee if anyone's interested. Just PM me sizing/stock requests.
I'm based in London and will be visiting the stores tomorrow, so I'll be happy to proxy for a small fee if anyone is interested. Send me a PM for sizing/stock requests.I should probably add that I have no idea as to what the level of discounts will be or what models will be discounted.So for genuinely interested parties, quickest and easiest way is to PM me the size/color/model and max. price they're willing to pay, and if the sale price fits, I'll purchase and then can...
Very helpful - thanks for this. Reminds me of the adage, 'you get what you pay for', though now that given what you've said, I feel like I should be inclined to stick to Horween's cordovan offerings either through Alden or Crockett & Jones by way of Ralph Lauren.
And by the way, has it been identified where Meermin source their cordovan from, if not, Horween?
Does the entire order have to be in the same color? I'd be keen on a Dover in cigar/dark brown if possible? Would it be possible to do it unlined like the Alden ones?
I'm guessing something along similar lines, though I'd opt for a shade darker towards cigar.