or Connect

Posts by Archivist

It's not Tadich, but John's Grill does have private rooms, and it's certainly an old SF joint. http://www.johnsgrill.com/
Dude, I am wondering how this tread is still going. It's underwear. Some men have perfectly good reasons to wear an undershirt. Others do not. Of all the things to hold really strong opinions about what others are doing I am slightly amazed this is getting so much attention and passion. In some other thread, men are talking about buttoning dinner jackets for God's sake and no one really seems fazed. Of course, we also live in a world where people with ostensibly good...
This would be of assistance to some of the members of this forum.
The dinner jacket with white vest, black tie, and shirt with a soft turndown collar was a nice look, it's too bad it didn't last. Same rig but with a stiff wing collar King of Jazz, 1930. Fun fact, this was an early two color process technicolor film.
Limeys vs. Yankees.
They will wear out much more quickly. Decent shoes, properly rotated and cared for, can last for many years. Even the best quality shoes, worn every day, will deteriorate in a few years at most. The sole and heel will wear quickly. The leather will never completely dry out, and will deteriorate. They will smell. They will probably be bad for your feet, between the damp and the wear. It's a waste of good money. They can be resoled, but only so many times. That will not...
A suit is a jacket and trousers, possibly also a waistcoat, made of the same cloth. You wouldn't wear the jacket with separate trousers. You are thinking of a sport coat or a blazer (same thing really, except a blazer is typically Navy, with gold or MOP buttons). Is this a school presentation? Work? Something else? Depending on the nature of the presentation, you might get away with getting a decent blazer and wearing it with khaki pants, good shoes. Either a Navy or...
Depends on how windy and how cold it is. When it's windy, I fasten all of them
Eason, thanks! I'll be in touch once I have coherent plans. Meeting locals is definitely a plus. Anyone have coffee recommendations? Will I have to get in touch with Phat Guido to find the best cappuccino in HK?
Again, thanks for the suggestions. Any suggestions on a good Shanghai style restaurant? Doesn't have to be fancy.