or Connect

Posts by Johdus Fanfoozal

Quote: Originally Posted by scb this forum loves to hate bonobos because they used to be bootcut only. my straight leg bonobos have an awesome fit, though Nah, it's because they're designed solely to accentuate your ass.
A question for those who have an Indy with a commando sole.... Do you wear your's in snow and if so how does it hold up?
Quote: Originally Posted by bows1 Their leathers aren't bad but the fit is pretty terrible, at least on me. But not much fits me OTR there. I actually like the designs of their women's leathers a lot, they had bone colored band collar DR with perf leather last season. It was awesome Actually I snagged a medium version of that jacket at half price a few weeks back and it fit rather snuggly, which is good.
Quote: Originally Posted by 1up Think so? I've still got another 3 months before it starts to snow :| Think I should just opt for the leather beeswax? I have beeswax, and they're great. But I just wear them with mostly light-colored khakis in later spring, summer and early fall. Don't know how could they would look with dark denim. Beeswax gets considerably lighter as you wear them (they scuff considerably). I don't like a whole lot...
Any suggestions on a decent work boot <$250 with a lug sole that handles well in moderate snow?
Desert boots are not made for Calgary winters. This is one of those products where the name actually means something. But for dark denim, I would choose a darker suede.
Quote: Originally Posted by a-rock The gavin chinos recut. I tried on a pair the other day. I don't see much of a difference from ones I've had in the past. They've always seemed cut pretty well. I still think they're the best run-of-the-mill khaki over Dockers, RL, Crew, other mall brands, etc. Also disagree about their shirts. Tried on a few dress and casual ones. Still too bulky even in "slim fit" and I'm 5'9" 160. Same with...
Quote: Originally Posted by kiya What's the point of a makeover when they're already producing part of their line in England and they've been doing the same look for 50 years? The thing is with lines like Wolverine is that they went to crap and disappeared a bit, DM has never gone anywhere and has stuck to the same style since it started. The point of a makeover is to make a better product that work boot enthusiasts such as myself will buy....
A brand in need of a makeover or at least a return to higher standards a la Wolverine and the 1000 mile boot.
Note to LE folk: Please look at how your competitors present photos of shoes, bags and accessories. If some dude on EBay can give me an idea at how his used Bostonians look from different angles, you should be able to do the same.