or Connect

Posts by Johdus Fanfoozal

Taking any and all suggestions for a nice wood file cabinet to go under a cherry desk. The more antique-looking the better.
"The feeling persists that no one can simultaneously be a respectable writer and understand how a refrigerator works, just as no gentleman wears a brown suit in the city." -Kurt Vonnegut
Quote: Originally Posted by three_man you can remove those flags, I have several of em from my chippewa boots Love it or leave it, dude.
I'd go with the one that looks like you didn't just put a leather jacket in a washing machine.
A watch with a black face and brown band should not be welcome in any office.
Quote: Originally Posted by DrBassie Thanks! Exactly what I'm looking for. Not surprising I couldn't find them as they're only available there. JL, chukka might be the best term, but I've seen them used interchangeably so I figured people would know what I was talking about. Thanks for the clarification. In that case, you can find pics of Red Wing Gentleman Traveler chukkas in their black cherry color (which resembles burgundy) in the GT...
Light cotton or cotton/linen blend > 100% linen. Just picked up a lightweight pair of CK khakis at Marshall's for $25. Should do the job for a summer or two.
Quote: Originally Posted by cotton Funny. I think Jansports have a clean, classic look that's infinitely more stylish than any of the monstrosities suggested here. The leather, the bulky pockets, the trim, the straps, the buckles....it's all a bit much. +1 Jansport may be boring, but they're still cool.
^French Vanilla DB's?
^First thing you should remember is that DB's are the ultimate beater boots. You look at them the wrong way and they'll scuff up. Creases and stains are pretty normal. Haters say its lousy leather. Devotees say it gives the boots character. You could apply some mink oil or leather conditioner, which will restore the original dark color. But don't expect it to last long.