or Connect

Posts by Johdus Fanfoozal

^First thing you should remember is that DB's are the ultimate beater boots. You look at them the wrong way and they'll scuff up. Creases and stains are pretty normal. Haters say its lousy leather. Devotees say it gives the boots character. You could apply some mink oil or leather conditioner, which will restore the original dark color. But don't expect it to last long.
Took my new Floto duffel over to Italy for a couple of weeks. It held a pair of khakis, four dress shirts, a polo shirt, five pairs of boxers, five pairs of socks and still was only 3/4 full. And to dispel myths, it's not made of vinyl.
You actually can go wrong at any price. So instead of buying something that may not last long or fit well, pass on this and put the $50 or $60 towards a rain coat of more substance.
Quote: Originally Posted by GraphicNovelty What's your guys' opinions on these? http://www.amazon.com/Clarks-Mens-Ro...=pd_sbs_shoe_6 I like them because they're a little bit chunkier than DB's, but i'm not sure I've had a pair for about 18 months. They were a replacement for a favorite pair of Havana Joe chukkas that I had for a decade. The main sticking point is the bulky toe box. Otherwise they're decent beater boots - a small step up in...
Not much of a difference, considering the taupe looks like a beeswax that's been worn a dozen or so times. Beeswax does not keep its dark color long.
Quote: Originally Posted by garbanzo I'm planning to get a brown 256 from Crane's in the very near future but I'm debating on whether or not to get a handgrip. Would it be a lot more comfortable if I decide to carry it without the shoulder strap? How comfortable are the straps without the handgrip? I'm planning to carry my macbook, a textbook, and a folder with some papers so it's not going to be too heavy. Any input? thanks Get the...
This thread reminds me of the time I was traipsing through the Kalahari when I came upon this village of poorly-dressed natives. Rudimentary stitching on loin cloth. Hideously-sized ostrich hides. Accessories (digging sticks, etc) that couldn't find a match in a Jil Sander warehouse!
My problem is with the welt especially the first pic where there looks to be some sort of gouge - the stitching on my 403s is smooth all around. The second pic looks like a small piece of leather coming up from the welt. Can't find that on mine. The third seems like normal wear after a few days, but not out of the box. Are these boots going to fall apart? Nope. Will people look down and laugh at your Indys? Nope. But when you're paying $375 to $450 a pair, they should...
Bills shrink considerably, especially the inseam. So yes, wash them before tailoring.
Quote: Originally Posted by wttm I don't think I can agree with that at all. I know you are speaking on behalf on your experience from the SOHO store but I don't think there's any hype at all from limiting their supplies. Like you said the turn over rate is extremely high, but they are also extremely efficient at restocking them, I guess you just have to frequent the store enough to catch the "it" items but it's really still not much of a hype. Most...