or Connect

Posts by Johdus Fanfoozal

Are these $20 polo shirts any good? Lots of colors, but how's the quality, fit?
^barbour?
Just tried on the cordlane jacket. It's pretty dope. That is all.
Thinking about plucking this: Citizen Eco Drive about $180 to $225 I just like the minimalist white dial chrono with Arabic numbers. Any better alternatives in the same price range?
^one of my faves.
Koch made you want to live in NYC again even if the problems of the 70s got worse in the 80s (murder rate, welfare rolls, unemployment, etc). He believed that NYC was still the greatest city in the world and his personality - part carnival barker, part old timey politcal ward leader - made that infectious. He also spoke his mind to a fault, was less than sympathetic to the plight of minorities and ignored the AIDs crisis for too long. Potholes got filled, budgets were...
I've actually opened a $200 savings account at TD just so I can use the coin machine free.
Depends on the building but maintenance can cover a lot. In my co-op it pays for: -All utilities: heat, hw, gas, electric. -Property taxes apportioned to your individual unit. -The staff: 24 hr Doorman, porters, maintenance men, coop attorney, management company. -Common areas: electricity and maintenance of elevators, hallways, laundry room, community room, landscaping of garden. -Rainy day fund: account for big projects like roof replacement. -Underlying mortgage - yes...
A bizarre film that actually does a great job depicting "fun city-era" NYC falling apart: Wolfen (1981) Albert Finney and Gregory Hines are NYC cops fighting against Indians who shape shift into wolves and kill corporate execs. Yes, that's the plot. But a lot of it is shot in the South Bronx when the South Bronx resembled Dresden after the War, and the Financial District which was still seedy even after the WTC went up.
This dog shit tangent shows again how so many folks have no clue how worse NYC used to be.