or Connect

Posts by reidd

No. Crystal clear, albeit very dark garnet red. Almost black at the core.
Yes 100% Sagrantino on the label. Apparently he makes two different Rosso di Veo's. One is the Sagrantino/Sangiovese/Montepulciano blend which is labled vino de tavola. This one is labeled Umbria IGT.Not sure if he does both every year or if it depends on the vintage.http://www.paolobea.com/eng/rosso-de-veo-montefalco.aspxhttp://www.paolobea.com/eng/rosso-de-veo%20IGTUmbria.aspx
Had this with some grilled pork chops last night. Although it's 100% Sagrantino, this is bottled as Umbria Rosso IGT and not DOCG. I think because it's young vines but I'm not positive. He's a big, big boy for sure. Massive tannins but also some great depth of fruit and lots of dried herbal character as well. My first Paolo Bea wine. Would love to try his other bottlings.
Had this with some grilled pork chops last night. He's a big, big boy for sure. Massive tannins but also some great depth of fruit and lots of dried herbal character as well. My first Paolo Bea wine. Would love to try his other bottlings.
I would imagine this has to do with certain producers bringing in Bordeaux varietals post phylloxera.I know that when Bordeaux was wiped out in the mid 19th century, a lot of the demand for red wine in France was satisfied by Rioja. Therefore many Rioja producers turned to French winemaking techniques and I assume in some instances, grape varieties as well to accommodate their new customers.This is a crucial part of Rioja's history so it makes sense why these producers...
Had the Guiberteau a couple months ago with about a decade of age on it (don't remember the exact vintage) and it showed fantastically well. Old chenin is awesome.
Weird but pretty good wine I had over the weekend. Gamay from the Tourain region made in a biodynamic style. Unfiltered with an aggressively yeasty, funky nose. Very juicy on the palate though.
On Cellar Tracker why do people bother to post reviews of corked wine? If its corked, then obviously its not good. Putting up a 63 point score for a wine and simply telling everyone that the bottle you had was corked doesn't help anyone.
Not strictly a briefcase, but I very often use it s one. An excellent all round bag. Lotuff leather backpack:
This is also worth seeking out: