or Connect

Posts by u007

Quote: Originally Posted by jet No, because you don't know wtf you're talking about. Lurk more. Oh please enlighten me great one! You don't need to have been a member for a long time to know that a big thread means an item is popular. Lots of people wearing it, lolts of people looking stupid wearing it. Thus, they do not have the "swag". And to be honest, I registered here to ask one or two specific questions which I've already done. And now...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma Beckham looks like major eurotrash and is a lads idol, it really depends on the company you keep but let's just say he's not respected in many circles...Athletes in general don't have much cool/style IMHO but then when they're performing in their chosen sport they can be impressive on a very visceral level. Beckham isn't just an athlete though.. and really he hasn't been that great at football for a while...
Quote: Originally Posted by jet HAHAHAHAHAAA silly noob +1 to fuuma's comments as usual Because I have less posts than you on this internet forum? Huge thread about desert boots and shitloads of people buying desert boots = they are popular on this forum. And really the desert boots/peacoat/whatever was only an example to say that even though people wear the clothes which are popular/reccommended/sought after, they STILL look...
Quote: Originally Posted by breakz Because it's easy to buy what people tell you to (instead of getting your own things). Yes, but there are clothes which are generally good or generally look good. Most people like APC New Standards for instance, and desert boots are pretty versatile etc etc The point is that people on this forum post pictures wearing these approved/accepted/decent clothes, or even worse they're wearing really expensive...
Huge difference between being sensible/thrify/cheap Sensible is buying something on sale, or waiting a while to buy it when you know it will be reduced (i.e. if you want it in december, wait til January sales). Sensible is also not wasting money - justifying purchases rather than just post-rationalising them. Thrify in my mind means re-using things. Not throwing something away until it is used up. Getting what you paid for. If you paid for a service you didn't get,...
Quote: Originally Posted by username79 Because girls (people) aren't insecure and would enjoy this. Great! They're not meant to enjoy it
Quote: Originally Posted by jet Desert boots and peacoats were never approved. That's why there are 100+ page threads for both on the front page right now?
Swagger is looking effortlessly good and stylish and being comfortable. So many people on this site posting pics of "SF-approved" outfits - skinny/slim jeans, desert boots, button-down shirt, peacoat etc but they look awkward as hell. They're often some young-looking skinny kid with glasses and basically they just don't "pull it off" and look good, even though they're wearing "good" clothes.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wu Dynasty Your fit is most likely perceived as less "gay" by the general public than a lot of styleforum approved fits. With that being said, the shirt is really really douchey because of the graphic, not by the way it fits. Exactly It's douchey, but not gay Lots of "SF-approved" outifts are much more homosexual-looking
Just man up. Besides, it might actually work in your favour. Hot women are SOOOO used to guys telling them that they are hot. In fact they're so used to it that they EXPECT it. So if you said somebody else it hotter, this generally makes the actual hot one jealous. So unless you're completely socially awkward, you can probably spin it into your favour and just make a joke out of it. Keep calling the best looking ones "number 2", "number 3" etc